F-Secure - Version 19.3

Options
ClaudeD
ClaudeD Posts: 25 Contributor

Hello,

• F-Secure Total new version 19.3 , I see : "You can switch off Ad blocker for a specific website. To switch off Ad blocker, select the Browsing Protection by F-Secure icon in the browser toolbar and then select Ad blocker is on."
  • I don't see where and how I can do this.

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 203 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ClaudeD

We are happy to announce that the new version of the extension has been released and it is now live on production. This version introduces the option to turn off and on the trusted shopping for particular website on Firefox, Edge and Chrome. The version of extension is 5.3.11.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 112 Adventurer
    edited February 15
    Options

Hi ClaudeD :)

Make sure you have the Browser extensions enable in the main, desktop app. Tick on the Secure Browsing panel/Open then under Tools, click on Install browser extensions and click the link for the supported browser. Once installed, make sure you unhide it from the Extension icon. It should then look like this when you go to a webpage and left click the icon.

Did that help, and work for you?

• ClaudeD
    Options

Thanks but I don't have the same window.

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 112 Adventurer
    edited February 15
    Options

Maybe reach out to support and see what they have to say. Unless you get a soon-to-be follow-up answer to your post here :)

https://www.f-secure.com/us-en/support/contact

• PawełP
    Options

Hello @ClaudeD

Could you please specify what browser you use?

Pawel

• ClaudeD
    Options

Hello,

I usually use Edge but I also tried on Chrome and Firefox, the problem is the same.

I use F-Secure Total in the French version. It would probably be necessary update the extension (currently my extension is 5.2.36 version)

Other people have the same problem.

• ClaudeD
    Options

Hello,

On the purchase page, it clearly says "devices” and not “users”.

• ClaudeD
    Options

Sorry, my post above is on another topic. I don't know how to delete it.

• PawełP
    Options

Hi @ClaudeD

The feature that allows you to disable the Ad Blocker on individual sites is currently being tested only in beta versions. In addition, as of today it is only active for the Chrome browser. Soon it should also be tested on Edge.

Therefore, if you do not have a beta version, this feature will not be active with you. It will only be implemented in the public version once it has passed the tests and the results are positive. 

I hope this information will be helpful.

Pawel

• ClaudeD
    Options

Thanks, but I don't understand.

I got version 19.3 automatically. It is therefore not a beta.

See: What's new in the F-Secure app - F-Secure Community

In the new features, we can read:

"F-Secure Total new version 19.3 , I see : 

"You can switch off Ad blocker for a specific website. To switch off Ad blocker, select the Browsing Protection by F-Secure icon in the browser toolbar and then select Ad blocker is on."

The extension does not present the possibility of choice, even in Chrome.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager
    Options

Hi,

We found a bug just before the release and had to make a new version that goes through our beta cycle first. We aim to push out the new version to Chrome and Firefox this week, and Edge next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Cale

• ClaudeD
    Options

He plus, il n’y a pas d

Thank you for these clarifications, so all we have to do is wait for the corrected version.

• PawełP
    Options

Hi,

I regret to inform that due to issue found in beta version the trusted shopping configuration will be not included it in the production release next week.

Have a good one!

Pawel

• ClaudeD
    Options

Hello,

Thanks but what works now is the choice to disable the AdBlocker extension for particular sites.