ID Protection does a lackluster job of synchronizing the Vault

asdas
asdas Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2023 in F-Secure Total

ID Protection does a lackluster job of synchronizing the Vault, specifically between devices such as my Windows 11 & my iOS 16 device.

This issue has been ongoing since my subscription started months ago.

Last night when I made a Cloaked.app username+password credential and saved it, it did not synchronize properly and that login was lost, causing some inconvenience for all parties as I have to reach out to their support due to this.

Otherwise great product, superior quality for the value. Thank-you all and to whom ever it may concern for reviewing my Topic. I will try to keep tabs on any discussion here.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @asdas

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

We'd love to provide you with more information to help resolve the issue. Could you please provide some additional details?

Firstly, have you installed the new F-Secure Total app or F-Secure ID Protection on both your iOS and Windows devices? If so, could you let us know the version of the app you are using?

Next, please clarify on which device you added the username and password for Cloaked.app. Was it on your iOS device or your Windows device?

To troubleshoot the problem, we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Add a new entry on your Windows device and check if it gets updated on your iOS device, and vice versa. This will help determine if the syncing is functioning properly Storing a new password on a desktop device | ID Protection | Latest | F-Secure User Guides
    2. Try syncing the password vault again and see if it resolves the issue. You can find instructions and helpful information in the links provided below:

Additionally, you can attempt a force sync of the vault by navigating to Help > About > Sync now within the app.

It would also be helpful to know if you encountered this issue while connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data. We suggest changing your network connection and checking if the issue persists.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope this information assists you in resolving the problem. If you have any further questions or require additional support, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

This discussion has been closed.