My vpn

Oldtrafford7
Oldtrafford7 Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2023 in F-Secure VPN

I have payed for monthly subscription and its not due again until the end of the month but when I am trying to use the vpn it's days my subscription has ended? Is there a email I can contact please?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Oldtrafford7

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

We don't offer email support, but I'm glad you reached out to F-Secure Community and our support team. I have checked and would like to inform you that we don't have a monthly subscription for our products. We only offer annual or bi-annual subscriptions.

Based on your support ticket, it appears that you purchased F-Secure Freedome VPN directly from the Google Play store rather than from us. Please be aware that subscriptions from the Google Play store can only be used on an Android device with the same Google ID. For more information, please refer to this link: https://community.f-secure.com/vpn-en/kb/articles/5929-can-i-transfer-f-secure-freedome-vpn-bought-from-appstore-playstore-to-other-operating-system.

May I ask on which device it shows that your subscription has expired? If it's on your Android device, I suggest that you ensure that you are logged in using the same Google ID that you used to purchase the subscription. Please uninstall the current F-Secure Freedome VPN app from your device and reinstall it via the Play Store, using the email address that was used to register the purchase. Once the app is installed, it should automatically apply the Google subscription.

To restore purchases on Android

1. Tap Settings in your device.
    2. Log in with your email (same used to purchase)
    3. Download the app and tap Options > Restore purchases.
    4. Confirm your password if necessary.
    5. Get back to clips screen and tap icons to download.

If you're seeing an "expired" notification not on your Android device, it is because the subscription can only be used on Android platform. However, if you would like to use F-Secure Freedome VPN on multiple platforms, I recommend purchasing the subscription directly from F-Secure, which offers a multiple platform subscription: F‑Secure VPN — One click to online privacy | F-Secure

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thank you and have a great day!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If your VPN provider is F-Secure (directly) and you are home user - then you can try to reach them via web-chat widget there: Contact support | F-Secure

Alternatively, wait until official F-Secure people will contact you here in Community. I am sure they can find a proper solution and reasons for this behavior.

However, depends on how you managed to obtain monthly subscription - could you check status of your subscription? Play Store places or something where it should be visible. It may be useful for understanding if this trouble is related with subscription or with F-Secure VPN application. I mean, if only app shows that 'subscription has ended' - can it be that something wrong with cache/data-storage. Also, is it possible to find any 'reactivate'-buttons via mobile store (like starting to use subscription within app again / to reactivate its validity)?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info