OpenVPN config for routers?

CosminCH
CosminCH Posts: 5 Explorer
edited September 2023 in F-Secure VPN

Hello

Is it possible to use a Freedome subscription with an OpenVPN router?

What would be the configuration?

Thank you.

Accepted Answer

Answers

• CosminCH
    CosminCH Posts: 5 Explorer

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

Considering that some of the competitors do have this feature, when you plan to have it implemented on your side?

Thank you

Best regards

Cosmin

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited March 2023

Hello again,

and sorry that I forgot to add a remark that I am also only an F-Secure user. So, I cannot answer to your further question. My reply was my opinion only. As a common feel about.

Considering that some of the competitors do have this feature, when you plan to have it implemented on your side?

I think that if it is technically possible (with no lose to any aspects of their infrastructure) and their 'real' competitors do that (I mean, if it is not a very specific solution or provider), then F-Secure definitely will look at the possibility of implementation.

Probably, the very same as with Linux security solution for home use (home users). // but where much more trouble with providing support for each derivative; and unclear 'point of use'; also is it should be paid or not.

Also, at the time, they tried to produce F-Secure SENSE (router) - F-Secure SENSE Router has reached end of sales - F-Secure Community

Where I think, with better interest from folks and some sort of 'financial' success, was a way to give something interesting (which can be as a workaround for your idea).

In addition, I think you could fill in a feature request in mentioned board. Just with your details or view how it should looks like and what you will expect from "using Freedome subscription with an OpenVPN router"

thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info