F-Secure Browsing Protection stops some files on https://ads.google.com/

Options
mattstanleywebb
mattstanleywebb Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Since around 3 weeks ago, Google Adwords manager no longer renders correctly and fails to work.

The causes are:

/home/static/home/css/home.min.css?cache=87d6120:1     Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

bs-analytics.min.js:1     Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

/home/static/js/butterbar/butterbar.min.js?cache=16cd874:1     Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

index.min.js:1     Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

etc.

Disabling the F-Secure extension re-enables the site to working.

Please can this be fixed?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I am also only an F-Secure user.

Latest versions of the F-Secure solutions (Total / Internet Security) with some new features. One of them "ad blocking" (What's new in the F-Secure app - F-Secure Community). Quote:

Ad blocker

Prevents loading content from common advertising servers, improving you browsing experience.

You can see the statistics of blocked ads on the Secure Browsing & Banking view.

There is a way to turn off this option: Blocking advertisements on websites | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Sounds that your experience is about this released version / functionality (around 3 weeks ago, ads.google.com, partially helpful to disable F-Secure BP extension). You could check it by see "Statistics" or disabling this option and trying to repeat the trouble.

Based on my brief check:

• I tried to just open mentioned "ads.google.com"; So, with enabled 'Ad blocker' option and enabled BP extension - I got broken layout and web-console with mentioned outlines.
    • Then I tried to open browser with InPrivate mode (so, F-Secure BP extension is not loaded there) and got a proper layout for this landing page.
    • Then I tried to disable 'Ad blocker' (off) and open website still with enabled F-Secure BP extension. I got a proper layout too.

Two extra points:

• I am not sure if there any other workaround (to keep Ad Blocker ON). At least, I tried to put direct URL in allowed list - but situation is not fixed by this way for me.
    • I am not sure if this situation should occur in such way. I mean, I just opened main ads.google.com and layout is broken. So, Adblocker blocked something. Perhaps, F-Secure Labs can fix it somehow. But I would prefer, anyway, to be 'protected' against loading content from common advertising Google servers too.

Thanks and sorry for my English.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info