Trouble Installing F-Secure Antivirus Software on my Intel Evo Laptop

judywatson
judywatson Posts: 2 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble installing F-Secure Antivirus software on my Intel Evo laptop. Every time I try to install the software, the installation process gets stuck at various stages, and I have to manually close the installer. I have tried downloading the software from different sources, but the issue persists.

I have checked my internet connection, and it seems to be stable, so I don't believe that is the issue. I have also tried disabling my Windows Defender antivirus software before attempting to install F-Secure, but that did not help either.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue when installing F-Secure Antivirus software on their Intel Evo laptop. If so, could you please share any potential solutions that worked for you?

Alternatively, if you have any recommendations for alternative antivirus software that is compatible with Intel Evo laptops, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,636 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @judywatson

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

I understand it can be frustrating when installation issues arise, however, we'll do our best to help you resolve this.

Could you please provide more details about the error message that you received during the installation? It would be helpful if you could attach a screenshot of the error message, so we can better understand what's going on. Also, could you please let us know where you purchased F-Secure Anti-Virus and if you have the license code for it?

Since you've already tried downloading the software from different sources and disabling your Windows Defender, there may be a compatibility issue with your laptop's hardware or software.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Make sure your laptop meets the minimum system requirements for F-Secure Anti-Virus software. You can find these requirements on our website or in product documentation https://help.f-secure.com/product.html?home/internet-security/latest/en/id_82317-internet-security-latest-en
    2. Try running the installation in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer file, select "Properties," and then select the "Compatibility" tab. Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select an earlier version of Windows. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save your changes.
    3. Check if there are any pending Windows updates that need to be installed. Sometimes, installation issues can arise if your operating system is not up to date.

Also, I want to let you know that we've ended sales for F-Secure Anti-Virus https://community.f-secure.com/internet-security-en/kb/articles/29610-f-secure-internet-security-and-f-secure-anti-virus-reaching-end-of-sales

Instead, we recommend that you use F-Secure Internet Security or upgrade to F-Secure Total, which is the latest app that provides overall protection with just one app. You can find more information about these options on our website.

F-Secure Internet Security: https://www.f-secure.com/en/internet-security

F-Secure Total: https://www.f-secure.com/en/total

We hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• judywatson
    judywatson Posts: 2 New Member

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble installing F-Secure Antivirus software on my Intel Evo laptop. Every time I try to install the software, the installation process gets stuck at various stages, and I have to manually close the installer. I have tried downloading the software from different sources, but the issue persists.

I have checked my internet connection, and it seems to be stable, so I don't believe that is the issue. I have also tried disabling my Windows Defender antivirus software before attempting to install F-Secure, but that did not help either.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue when installing F-Secure Antivirus software on their Intel Evo laptop. If so, could you please share any potential solutions that worked for you?

Alternatively, if you have any recommendations for alternative antivirus software that is compatible with Intel Evo laptops, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info