Italian server (XX.XX.XXX.XX) totally unreliable

OSX_rulez
OSX_rulez Posts: 26 Enthusiast
edited September 2023 in F-Secure VPN

Hello,

after almost 2 years since my first post on this subject (https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/comment/127294) and many reports sent from the Freedome app, the Italian server not only hasn't been fixed but it became almost useless! I am *very* annoyed.

1) Apple App Store doesn't work at all;

2) Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, even Telegram apps load content so slowly that sometimes just a black square appears while loading photos and videos;

3) YouTube website: no video stream;

4) The overall download speed seems an old ADSL line (NB: I'm using a FTTH 1.000/300 Mbps), and I did some tests where with Freedome the download speed was 17 Mbps vs 597 Mbps without it. Also latency and jitter are too high. The upload speed is better.

All this on iOS, it doesn't matter which version of the app given I always update it and also have a new iPhone since my first reports.

So please just close that server on XX.XX.XXX.XX and install on a new one. You can contact me privately with the tech specs of the server and I can put in an estimate for you on a good italian data center if you like.

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @OSX_rulez

I am sorry about this.

Regarding the Italian server and the Apple App store, Apple has blocked our Italian which causing to not be able to access the store when you are connected to the Italian node. We have communicated with Apple on this matter; however, we did not receive any response from them.

And about the Italian server, I just checked on my end, the Italian server is up and running.

Kindly test it on your end and let us know the outcome.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager

Hello @OSX_rulez

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of this issue, and our team is currently investigating this matter.

We will get back to you once we have received more information from them.

1) Apple App Store doesn't work at all;

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the Apple App store with the Italian server, however, as a workaround, I can suggest you change the location to another location such as Germany.

Thank you and have a good day.

• OSX_rulez

Hello @Firmy

I'm very disappointed by your asnwer. It's taking more than 2 weeks to "investigate" about such a non working server?

Apple App Store: you know it since 2 years and you're doing nothing?! I can suggest that you shut down this useless Italian server, clone a working one, and buy/rent a new dedicated server with another IP of a better provider...

• OSX_rulez

Hello, the server worked again (sort of) for a few days, then again it didn't load properly videos and photos. So it is still unreliable. It also often disconnect and take a long time to reconnect, especially on macOS.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info