FS Protection PC 18.5 releases

edited October 2022 in Home Security Beta Programs

FS Protection PC 18.5 releases will be posted under this thread.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Answers

Release 18.5 beta 4 (TOTAL 5.0.1030):

New features:

• Bulk input for allowed/denied list (PBL-5475). In other words, you can import and export your allowed and denied websites. NB: Help has not been updated yet.
    • Password Vault: new UX for add/edit entry (PBL-10010)

Fixed issues: 

• Incorrect title is shown at the ID Monitoring if webview2 is blocked in Firewall (PBL-10102)
    • Scan Wizard: "skip" is barely visible in a dark mode (PBL-10098)
    • Scan Wizard: Black text on dark mode (PBL-10095)
    • Notification visibility at Master password changing can be improved (dark mode is on) (PBL-9999)

Known issues:

• Main UI icon is blank in the task bar after vault unlock (PBL-10016)
    • Alignment is not consistent, also texts overlaps the placeholders (PBL-10010)

• Ivan_Osipov
    Ivan_Osipov Posts: 77 Former F-Secure Employee

Release 18.5 beta 5 (TOTAL 5.0.1090):

New features: 

• Help has been updated to mention the Allowed and denied websites import feature (SCKB-2458), not localized yet.
    • Product updates are blocked if the allowed and denied websites window is opened (PBL-5475)

Known issues:

• Vault, Ru: search placeholder does not fit (LOC-1342), will be fixed with the localizations update.
    • Duplicated block page events in the event history (PBL-10178)
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my ask.

Just about ""Allowed and denied websites import/export feature"" - whether any check regarding "correctness" and accuracy of import (as an example) is planned?

I mean, now if I will import .json (or whatever extension for that file will be) with 218673 entries (as example):

• first it will take some 'huge' time (but perhaps that is to be expected, because /in addition/ any invalid large files or 'format' are also processed for a long time; and even valid 75000 entries json will take some minutes).
    • but then it will show up with successful import and full count EVEN if there are only 'seven' unique URLs and all others are 'duplicate'. So, actual import is "7" instead of "218673".

Perhaps, not a trouble at all. But this is also can be re-painted for a 'broken' entry (for example, one that cannot be created using the user interface). So, if you import a file with "some" broken (unforeseen) entries - then some of them will not be imported, and you are not informed about this. Remark: so, if five of seven URLs are normal - success prompt will be about "five" imported items. But the fact that there were two more is 'unknown' by that way.

Probably not a problem either. Unless the exported file format and the allowed/denied website design itself are ever changed for some sudden import inconsistencies.

Sorry again. And by the way, thanks for this feature. One of the ones I've always dreamed of.

Thanks!

Hello @Ukko and thanks for your feedback.

The size of import is actually limited by file size to 5 MB. As many entries that fit into that are processed but it will take a while as you noticed.

Since the export/import is meant to be used only for files created by our product, we don't mention any invalid entries since they should not exist.

As for duplicates, we were discussing whether we should show the number of entries after deduplication or before and ended up showing before, since that's what's actually in the file.

So, works as designed and we will keep monitoring the feedback.

• bwilliams
    bwilliams Posts: 11 Enthusiast
    edited September 2022

post moved

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Thought I'd best check in after receiving an 'Ancient Member' badge! 😄

As usual, the product has just updated seamlessly. I really can't find any issues to report.

Thanks for consistently reliable protection.

Simon.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Can I ask about one point?

This is about children's profiles. You can (and should) choose an age group. Do they affect anything? Like when choosing \ creating some, will the default value of content blocking or time limits be selected (as a recommendation)? Or something more than that?

Also, Password Vault is (at least) not available for child profiles.

However, it is possible to choose a profile in the age category over 18. It would not be appropriate (or just possible) to add Password Vault functionality to such profiles (mm .. if someone decides to create them. and uses. Or as I do it, for my own use). At the very least, I think... that the need of a Password Vault for 18+ kids is quite possible and having Password Vault could be beneficial.

Thanks!

@Ukko

Child profile age group only affects the initial default settings. After that it does not mean anything, you can change settings as you wish.

Vault not being available for child profiles has a technical problem and we are working on it, but it requires some fundamental changes in how we store profile data, so it may take a while.

• Ivan_Osipov

Release 18.5 beta 6 (TOTAL 5.0.1091):

Fixed issues:

• Password manager crashes (PBL-10194)
    • Windows Defender asked to be uninstalled after installing SAFE (PBL-10196)
    • UI can crash if product icon is invalid (PBL-10197)
    • Main UI random crash (PBL-10174)
  • fs-seppo
    fs-seppo Posts: 22 F-Secure Employee

Release 18.5 beta 7 (TOTAL 5.0.1092):

Fixed issues:

• Device timelimit lock screen does not appear in front of other windows (PBL-10202, SAFE_BUG-03749)
    • Password Vault: in a password history, last actual password is copying instead of a historical (PBL-10218, SAFE_BUG-03757)

Seppo

• Urmas
    Urmas Posts: 65 F-Secure Employee

Hello,

In case you have the latest, 4.2.69 version of Chrome or Edge browser extension (for Chrome it is available when writing this, for Edge not yet) then you may notice a new feature that allows you to report your suggestion for web page rating using a button of the extension. This feature does not yet work completely correctly, e.g. it has missing logos and icons. This will hopefully be fixed in a few days with a new NIF Web Plugin update.

BR, Urmas

• Ivan_Osipov

Hello everyone,

18.5 is now live! Thanks for your feedback, more features will be available in fs protection 19.0, coming soon.

• Souldas
    Souldas Posts: 1 Observer

任退红吉公容拓聚ihjertlyjhlertt r'tui'h'j'g'r'r't