DPG sites marked as harmfull

Harmpie54
Harmpie54 Posts: 4 Observer

Since about a week and a half, much sites related to DPG, are marked as harmfull.

This message appears with clicking on the google found hyperlinks of dpg media as well as clicking through to ]some items from p.e. NU.nl.

This is new behaviour of F-secure.

Why are these sites harmfull now and some weeks ago there were nit.

Grtz Harm

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

As one of the steps to try - you can to use F-Secure SAS form:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/submit-a-sampleURL tab, then to check ""I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results"", then to choose related categories and options. For example, a false positive meaning. By that way - you will receive a feedback from F-Secure Labs about their recheck.

To transfer URL which is actually blocked. In comments part it is possible to explain all the routine. Provide URL that is actually blocked. And in the comments part, the whole routine can be explained.

If just to discuss between community users - I may have misunderstood the situation. What happens if you "google" a blocked URL in Google Search. If you have an active "setting" of displaying safety ratings - is it safe or harmful rated? If it is safe, then when you try to open it - the page is blocked? Or is your experience solely based on the "framed" page on other websites?

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

// a small addition: it is always possible that only a very certain piece of domain is involved in some 'backgrood' or 'hacked' place - so, domain (or its IP, for example) known as a harmful source... if security solution cannot sort out page which user visited - whole domain is blocked (just in case).

Answers

• colleencamacho59
    colleencamacho59 Posts: 3 Observer

With more people storing personal information on their computers, it has never been more important to protect yourself from internet predators looking to gain access to your files. One of the many ways they can do this is by attacking your computer or trying to gather your information from an infected or malicious website you may visit, even if only once. The best thing you can do is to avoid malicious websites altogether.When visiting a website that asks for sensitive information such as credit card numbers or your social security number, the first step you can take to securing your privacy, important is verifying that any information you enter on this site is transmitted and stored properly. Once your information is entered online, it is transmitted as plain text for anyone to intercept. To avoid this, make sure that the website is encrypted over a secure connection.Be sure to click on the "lock" icon to verify that a website is trustworthy. Do not simply look for the icon and assume a website is secure! Your web browser will have detailed information on the website's authenticity if you click on the icon, so be sure to read this carefully before entering any of your information on the site.

• Harmpie54

Hi Colleen,

Thnks for reacting. After 35 year been working in IT (most BI) I am aware of the risks you noted. Thats why (of 1 of the things) I installed ziggo Safe, with for example save browsing.

The issue is (I Think) caused by f-secure. The mentioned URL in the warning has no relation with the URL of the sites I try to visit. The only link is the publisher of the newspapers which sites I tried to visit.

For expample: Hi Colleen,

Thnks for reacting. After 35 year been working in IT (most BI) I am aware of the risks you noted. That's why (of 1 of all things) I installed Ziggo Safe, with for example save browsing.

The issue is (I Think) caused by f-secure. The mentioned URL in the warning has no relation with the URL of the sites I try to visit. The only link is the publisher of the newspapers which sites I tried to visit.

And so on.

So the warning gives a different (and mopstly the same) url as harmfull, then the url I try to visit.

2 weeks ago every thing went smooth. with F-Secure

• Harmpie54

Hi Ukko,

Thanks for your suggestions. I filled in a F-secure SAS form now.

When I "google" the url (p.e. "AD.nl" then the search page of goole appears with the link to the ad.nl site.

When I click on that hyperlink the blocking message page appears and shows the site: "ht....myprivacy.dpgmedia......nl/" as harmfull. (which is not the original url I wanted to visit)

When I google "ht....myprivacy.dpgmedia......nl/" then I am immediately routed to the blocking message page.

It does not matter whether I fill in a "DPG" related url directly in the adrtess-bar, in the serach-field or via a link on another page to the disered website.

On my mobile I also use F-secure from Ziggo and there appears no blocking or "harmfull"-messages.

Grtz Harm

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Harmpie54

You mentioned that you have Ziggo Safe on your mobile. May I know if you have lodged this issue with them yet?

We recommend you do so next time because they have the technical resources to assist you.

However, you will receive a response from the lab team on the ticket you've submitted.

Thanks!

• Harmpie54

Hi Jaims,

In earlier cases of a problem I managed to contact Ziggo. There reaction was that go deliver F-Secure as a service, but do not support technical issues by thenselves. TRherefor I should conbtact F-Secure. Thats why I contacted the forum.

Btw: on mobile I have no issues with the sites. There they work as a charme.

Grtz Harm

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info