F-Secure Chrome Addon Messes Up Google Result Page Layout

mercurycc
mercurycc Posts: 2 New Member
edited January 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

This is with the plugin enabled.

With it disabled:

So now why don't I just keep it disabled? Well, F-secure will keep bugging me to re-enable it even though I have asked it to not ask again. Plus I don't dislike the functionality in general.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,609 Community Manager
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @mercurycc @Lutzi54

The issue is resolved. We have released a new version of browsing protection by F-Secure for Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.

The latest version of the extension on Microsoft Edge and Chrome is 4.2.47 whilst on Firefox is 4.1.43. Kindly check the version of browsing protection by F-Secure on your browser. If it is not the latest version as mentioned above, kindly uninstall and reinstall the extension. If the extension is updated to the latest version, no need to uninstall the extension.

Check the version and uninstall the browsing protection by F-Secure:

• Chrome
    1. Paste this address on address bar in Chrome chrome://extensions/
    2. The version will be stated besides Browsing Protection by F-Secure
    3. To uninstall, click on Remove under Browsing Protection by F-Secure
    4. A message appears Remove "Browsing Protection by F-Secure"?, click on Remove
    • Firefox
    1. Paste this address on address bar in Firefox about:addons
    2. Click on Browsing Protection by F-Secure to check the version
    3. To uninstall the extension, click on 3 dots at the side of Browsing Protection by F-Secure and select Remove
    4. Click Remove again to confirm uninstallation
    • Microsoft Edge
    1. Paste this address on address bar in Microsoft Edge edge://extensions/
    2. Click on Details under Browsing Protection by F-Secure
    3. To uninstall the extension, click on Remove
    4. A message appears Remove "Browsing Protection by F-Secure"?, click on Remove

Reinstall the browsing protection by F-Secure:

1. Open F-Secure program
    2. Click on Secure Browsing & Banking
    • If you use Firefox, click on Install Firefox extensions under Browser extensions. Note: If the page is blank, select the address bar with the address https://download.sp.f-secure.com/online-safety/fs_firefox_https.xpi or manually paste the address and press Enter on your keyboard and accept the privacy.
    • If you use Chrome or Microsoft Edge, click Open Chrome Webstore/Open Edge Add-ons under Browser extensions to go to the Browsing Protection Extension's page, then click Add to Chrome/Get and then, click on Add extension.

After that, kindly make sure that the extension installed is the latest version Microsoft Edge and Chrome (4.2.46) and Firefox (4.1.43).

So while you are at it, how about also fixing your notification? I told F-secure to stop notifying me about the damn plugin not getting set up because that's what I wanted to do, and it just keeps popping up and interrupt my flow.

Please note that the features such as Browsing Protection and Banking Protection will not function while the Browsing Protection is turned off. More info on the SAFE/FSIS interface.

To turn off this notification, simply follow the below steps;

1. Open the F-Secure SAFE/Internet Security application
    2. Select More details on the right side
    3. Check the Don't Ask Again box
    4. Select Dismiss

Note: Should it continue, ensure that no other browser on your device has the extension installed. 

You can always review this as follows

1. Select View all tasks
    2. View Dismissed Tasks
    3. Select Setup if you wish to enable the browsing protection

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Lutzi54
    Lutzi54 Posts: 1 New Member

I have the same problem! Where is the solution???

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,609 Community Manager
    edited July 2022

Hi @mercurycc @Lutzi54

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

We are aware of this issue and it occurs with the Google search engine with any browser.

We are currently working on it to fix the issue. We will keep you updated once the issue is fixed. In the meantime, you may use other search engines such as Yahoo, Bing, etc.

Thank you for your understanding.

• mercurycc
    mercurycc Posts: 2 New Member

@Firmy I am happy you guys are on it, but your suggested workaround is not going to work for the obvious reasons.

So while you are at it, how about also fixing your notification? I told F-secure to stop notifying me about the damn plugin not getting set up because that's what I wanted to do, and it just keeps popping up and interrupt my flow.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info