I ordered and paid F-secure SAFE. However it says that my order is invalid.

PaloSami
PaloSami Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

I have got a confirmation from Cleverbridge and followed the instructions in installation. However I cannot login to my F Secure Safe, it says always that my order has got old. After login attempt I always end up this same page (as in picture below)

I have had earlier F-secure in my computer, but when subscription ended it was not possible to re-new the order (even though I would have wanted). Now I tried to do fully new subscription, but cannot get it working any better than renewing the earlier. Is my older F Secure installation now preventing the newly ordered version from functioning ? How can I get my F secure working ?

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,634 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @PaloSami

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

I have deleted your screenshot earlier. Kindly do not post your personal information in our Community page.

In regards to your issue, the SAFE application is showing expired on your Mac. Kindly do the following to assist you.

1. Open F-Secure SAFE on your computer
    2. Click the icon of a person on top right corner 
    3. Select Log out
    4. Select Continue
    5. Select Yes when asking "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device"
    6. Select Log out
    7. Click Log in arrow icon on top right corner of F-Secure SAFE
    8. Enter your My F-Secure email and password
    9. Select Continue if you are setting protection for yourself

If you cannot log out from F-Secure SAFE, you can fix the issue by reinstalling F-Secure SAFE on your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• PaloSami
    PaloSami Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

Thank you for answer but it did not help.

When open F-secure SAFE and click the icon of person (step2), the only available alternative give is 'login'. There is no logout available. And if I try to login I am informed that my subscription is invalid.

Is there any other tips to get F-secure SAFE working ?

br

SP

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,634 Community Manager

Hi @PaloSami

I would recommend you to use the Uninstallation tool on your Mac to start a clean reinstallation of SAFE. You may use the Uninstallation tool for Mac to remove the app.

After removing, kindly reinstall SAFE.

1. Log in to My F-Secure
    2. After logging in, if this is your first installation from this account, you will see an option to add device.
      • Note: If you are reinstalling from this account, you will see your list of devices. Select the device name that you wish to reinstall to and select Release License. A page will appear to confirm the action. Select Release License.
    3. Select Mine or my child's device and click Continue.
    4. The Choose device type window opens. The This computer (Mac) option has been automatically selected.
    5. Click Download for Mac. Depending on your browser:
      • The installation file downloads automatically; or
      • You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File.
    6. When the download is done, go to your downloads folder and run the installer (f-secure-anti-virus-for-mac_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_.mpkg).
    7. The Install F-Secure SAFE window opens. Click Continue.
    8. Read the Privacy Policy, and click Continue.
    9. Read the Software License Agreement, and click Continue > Agree to accept the terms of the software.
    10. Select a destination and click Continue. Enter your administrative credentials, if asked, and click OK.
    11. On the Installation Type view, click Install. Enter your administrative credentials, if asked, and click Install Software. The installation process starts and should take less than 5 minutes to complete.
    12. When the F-Secure SAFE activation welcome window appears, click Continue.
    13. In the Name new device window, enter a name for your computer, and click Continue. Enter your administrative credentials, if asked, and click OK.
    14. The Browsing Protection browser extension installation prompts. Choose your browser from the drop-down menu, and click Install now.
    15. Your selected browser opens, and the Browsing Protection extension is now installed.

Kindly let me know the outcome.

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info