Mac F-secure safe browsing extension on Firefox - needs acceptance everytime

K_P
K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast
edited November 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi,

I did not find this issues described elsewhere in the forums, so here is the new thread.

Every time I start Firefox, I need to first accept that Safe Browsing plugin has permissions to access traffic, and then it says "installation complete". Why I need to accept this every time I restart the Firefox? Same extension works ok in Chrome, for the same user account.

Running latest F-Secure SAFE on Mac (12.3.1) with Firefox (current latest version 100.0, but same thing happened with earlier Firefox versions also).

Is this related to earlier acceptance/remote code issues that F-Secure has with Mozilla?

And most important: can/will this be fixed, how and when?

Accepted Answer

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 235 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi, @K_P!

Could you please share if you are using private/incognito mode in Firefox?

The onboarding decision is saved to the current Firefox user profile. The browser will erase data accumulated during private mode session on browser quit including decision made on the onboarding dialog for the SAFE browser extension.

Thanks.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

Answers

• K_P
    K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. It appears that setting "Never remember history" triggers this behaviour. Interestingly, if I select manually "clear all hostory" then the concent information does not get lost. If I recall correct, something has changed, as I have had that "Never remember history" selected for years?

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 235 F-Secure Employee

Hi,

yes, perhaps. I personally do not use Firefox on daily basis but don't exclude the possibility that they expanded the scope of data removal while private mode is active.

But anyway, we are planning to improve experience in private mode by saving the decision made on the onboarding dialog on SAFE side. So if the browser decides to erase its own data storage, SAFE will still remember the previously made decision. We are planning to include this change in SAFE for Mac 18.3 release.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info