McAfee pop up

petertomas1
petertomas1 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Microsoft Edge and Mcfee pops on the computer there i can reed , i have 3 Trojans and offer that I should buy their protection. I have scanned f-secure and it's ok.Are they bluffing? I have that protection with you?

je.*******@gmail.com refmr:********* 2022-02--03

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @petertomas1

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

I have removed your details. Kindly do not share your information in our Community page.

On the other hand, it seems the issue is due to browsing data from your Microsoft Edge.

Kindly clear your browser cookies and cache from Microsoft Edge to help you clearing the pop up.

1. Open Microsoft Edge
    2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Del
    3. You should now see a dialogue box titled "Delete Browsing History"
    4. Choose the needed fields and appropriate time range.
    5. Press Clear

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

It is better if you will contact their (F-Secure) official Support for a proper assistance. Should be available there (as a web-chat): Contact support | F-Secure

Your experience can be about some PUA or Unwanted Application / Riskware / Adware, more extremely malicious or rogue browser extension / addon. So, it will show you some fake advertisements or will try to trick you by installing fake AV. Perhaps, something like Scareware.

But.. need quite more information for understanding your setting. For example, what is your main AV in system and is it expected to receive popups from McAfee? And so on. Thus, I recommended to contact official F-Secure Support channel. Where you can to receive remote help and some check against malicious threats.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info