How do I install F-Secure safe and not uninstall Norton 360?

David714
David714 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

F-Secure safe wants me to uninstall Norton 360 and Webroot. How do I install without loosing my other software?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

You could try a hint from this topic: Installation window disappears exactly at 40% - any ideas? — F-Secure Community (in Accepted Answer). At least, if your experience is about Windows client.

However,

F-Secure safe wants me to uninstall Norton 360 and Webroot. How do I install without loosing my other software?

Sounds that both and potentially third (F-Secure SAFE) are all about security solution with quite related functionality and even cloud-design with some lookups and so on. Do you want to keep all three of them and let them be 'active'?

There can be some incompatibilities. But surely should be some performance difficulties.

Also, F-Secure KB about related subject: Can I have more than one security product installed on my device? - F-Secure Community

Thanks!

// by the way, since your topic in F-Secure Freedome board. Is your situation about F-Secure SAFE (as in description) or about F-Secure FREEDOME? In the later case, I am not sure if it should request any uninstallation of mentioned software.

Answers

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

Hello ! never a good idea to run 2 AV"s, that will generate conflucts and never will give you a reinforced protection. FS is solid and sufficient alone.

hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info