F-Secure SAFE doesn't open after renewal of the license

IvanShopov
IvanShopov Posts: 5 New Member
edited November 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello everyone,

Few days before my 3 licenses goes expired i renewed my subscription.

Then found that at one of my computers (windows 10) f-secure license was not renewed.

Tried to remove it from the licensed list and reinstall but still can not open it (i mean the blue icon and "Open F-Secure SAFE"). When i hit the button nothing happenes.

Few minutes ago uninstalled it and installed it from the beggining bot no effect. Something else - usually when you reinstall it at the end it openes web browser and goes to "My f-secure". This doesn`t happenes and in all cases the system don`t count this PC as "licensed".

Could you please advise what to do next?

Thank you!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @IvanShopov

I would like to express my gratitude for your cooperation and understanding in resolving this issue.

I am glad that the issue is resolved after updating the Windows version on your Windows 10 machine.

Root cause: Outdated Windows 10 version 

Resolution: Update the Windows 10 version of Windows settings or use the Windows 10 Update Assistant.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further concerns and we shall be willing to assist you.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

You may have hit a bug with license data cache. Please try this:

1. Open Windows Explorer, go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\F-Secure\NS\default\FREA
    2. Delete all files from that directory
    3. Open main UI

If you are affected by this issue, the main UI opens once, after that you have to delete all the files again for it to open again.

We are working on a hotfix for this problem, hopefully rolling out next week.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• IvanShopov

Hello Ville, I don`t have FREA folder.

In C:\Users\usr\AppData\Local\F-Secure\NS\default there is only CrashDumps and Log folders.

Do you have any other ideas?

@IvanShopov in this case it's better if you contact support (via chat for example). They have a bunch of things they can try to make it work and if they can't figure it out, they will escalate it to us in R&D and we will have a look.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Firmy

Hi @IvanShopov

Thank you for your post.

F-Secure SAFE may have experienced a malfunction. Uninstalling and reinstalling the product may help rectify the issue. 

STEP A: Uninstall F-Secure using Uninstallation Tool

Note: Please be aware that the Uninstallation Tool might affect other F-Secure products installed on your computer.

1. Log on to your computer with administrator rights.
    2. Download the Uninstallation Tool for Windows from our Support Tools page.
    3. Run the executable FsUninstallationTool.exe. The User Account Controls appears.
    4. Click Yes.
    5. Click Start.
    6. Select 'What to remove', and click Next then choose F-Secure SAFE. Then click Next to remove the program.
    7. Click Restart when prompted. This is to remove remaining files. The uninstallation is complete when your computer restarts.

STEP B: Reinstall F-Secure SAFE

1. Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
    2. Once logged in, click the device you wish to release the license. Click Release license twice.
    3. Click Add device. Select either My deviceMy child's device or Someone else's device. Then click Continue
    4. Select either This computer, Another computer, Tablet or Phone, then Click Download for Windows.
    5. Depending on your browser:
      • The installer file downloads automatically; or
      • You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File.
    6. Press Ctrl+J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
    7. Click on the installer file (for example, F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_.exe) to run the installer. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
    8. Click Accept and install to start the installation.

The installation takes a minute or so, and once installed, your computer is protected.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

• IvanShopov

Hi @Firmy,

Actully it doesn`t works for me.

After uninstalling all the F-secure products, computer was restarted and then started reinstalling process as you mentioned above.

Installer says at the end (on 99%) "Startiung up...", freezes for 20-30 seconds and window automatically closes.

From that moment i can NOT open F-Secure-SAFE (tsak bar, right click on F-Secure-SAFE and "open F-Secure-SAFE" or just double click on the icon).

I can open the F-Secure-SAFE settings (Open settings button) and in Support Section when i click on "Manage subscriptions" nothing happenes.

Same in the web where the "new computer" was NOT added as licensed device.

If i remember correct when old installations finished the installer automatically opened this page but now it not happenes.

Have you any other suggestions?

By the way i can provide AnyDesk access and show you the whole process step by step.

• IvanShopov
    edited April 2022

Providing also zip file from supporting tool.

Edit: PII removed

• Firmy

Hi @IvanShopov

I have deleted the FSDIAG you posted before to protect your information. Kindly share the FSDIAG with me in private message.

May I confirm with you that you have used the Uninstallation tool from our Support Tools page to uninstall F-Secure SAFE?

If you did not, you may download the tool and uninstall SAFE from your Windows computer before reinstalling.

Kindly let me know if the issue persists after using the tool.

Thank you and stay safe.

• IvanShopov

Hello @Firmy,

Yes, first i uninstalled all the F-Secure products via uninstalling tools (followed exactly all the steps which you suggested above).

Actually i don`t find a way to send you PM. Probably my forum account is too new...

• Firmy

Hi @IvanShopov

Thank you for your reply.

I have sent you a private message. Kindly share with me the FSDIAG.

Once I have reviewed the file, I will get back to you to assist you with the issue.

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info