FS ID Guardian for PC Releases

FS-Jouni
FS-Jouni Posts: 28 F-Secure Product Expert
edited November 2021 in Home Security Beta Programs

Release 5.3.1184 (5.2 beta 1)

New features:

• Edge support, i.e. added Edge browser extension and install button for it in settings UI.
  • Added Edge support to password import.

Improvements:

• When installing browser extension, extension store is opened in corresponding browser.
  • Improved onboarding (registration) UIs by taking new Edge-based web rendering component into use.
  • Improved copy/pasting entry fields.
  • Improved password history usability.
  • Improved/unified font sizes in UIs.

Fixed issues:

• Removed blurring from lists that have mouse hover effect.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Cool, thanks! 👍

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.3.1185 (5.2 beta 2)

Fixed issues:

• Removed unintended partial dark mode support which was breaking the UI.
  • FS-Jouni

Release 5.4.1740 (5.3 beta 1)

Features:

• Password import support for True key
    • Password import support for Firefox
    • Windows Dark mode support

Improvements:

• Password color coding improved for readability
    • Text improvements to onboarding flow
  • martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

My system was messed up and I had to restore a backup which was about a year old.

In the backup I had FS TP old version Freedome and FS ID guardian . After I got up and running FS TP updated itself to the latest version 18.3. beta 5 without any hassle. So did Freedome.

FS ID guardian, however, did not. I had to uninstall the old version and then reinstall the new version. (5.3 beta 1)

Is that the way it is supposed to go and not automatically like the others?

• FS-Jouni

Hi martink

FS ID guardian does nowadays have automatic upgrade the same way as FS TP. However, if you had a very old FS ID guardian version installed, the upgrade route may have gotten broken. Can you remember what was the version of your old FS ID guardian installation?

-Jouni

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.4.2626 (5.3 beta 3)

(5.3 beta 2 was cancelled at testing phase due to a upgrade-related problem)

Features:

• App architecture has been rewritten so that quitting the app does not prevent browser extension to query credentials from user's vault, until user-defined autolock timeout locks the vault. However, if user locks the app, then also access from browser extension to vault is immediately locked.
    • Prevent product upgrade when app is open and unlocked.

Improvements:

• Dark mode support improved.
    • Dashlane import instructions improved.
    • Small UI improvements here and there.

One additional note. There was an issue where if you had both fs protection and fs id guardian installed, the browser extension (autofill) stopped working after last fs protection beta. This issue is now fixed with this fs id guardian beta release and autofill should again work.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.4.2818 (5.3 beta 4)

Features:

• Onboarding related new popup dialog to suggest user to start using autofill (browser extension) feature. Shown after first password entry has been created.
    • New popup dialog for user to select which app to use with browser extension if current app is not registered for extension.

Improvements:

• Autofill (browser extension) settings have been moved to a separate settings page.
    • Small UI improvements and bug fixes here and there.
  • martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Sorry, saw this first today. I do not remember and anyway it is now supposed to be further upgraded.

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.4.2976 (5.3 beta 5)

Improvements:

• Icons in entry editor's color & symbol picker page are now visible also in dark mode.
    • Autofill settings page's help link is now hidden if link url is not available.

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.5.761 (5.4 beta 1)

Improvements:

• Improved import from Dashlane and LastPass
    • Improved search logic: search is done from following fields in priority order: Title, Web address, Notes, Username

Fixed issues:

• Fixed a problem where some synced devices could get disconnected from each other if there were 3+ devices in group and they were connected in specific order.
  • FS-Jouni
    edited September 2023

Release 5.5.2904 (6.0 beta 2)

(6.0 beta 1 was cancelled at testing phase due to a configuration-related problem)

Features:

• End Of Life messaging. I.e. popup dialog and banner to inform about the coming end of life of this product. The Password Vault functionality will continue to live as part of Total product (called FS Protection in beta program).
    • Search functionality in browser extension
    • Possibility to add new credentials via browser extension. This happens by logging into some website and clicking the extension popup that should appear if there's no prior credentials saved for that website. 

• FS-Jouni

A problem with file signatures was discovered, another new beta will be deployed soon.

• FS-Jouni

Release 5.5.2925 (6.0 beta 3)

Fixed issues:

• Files are now correctly signed.