Turning Freedome on and it shuts down the Internet

Options
Herman123
Herman123 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Hey,

When turning my Freedome one, my internet stay on but can not open page on internet browser. Gets message site can not be reach. This only happens when Freedome is on.

I have tried killswitsh and accept the internet connection but does not work. Still shuts the connection.

Kind Regards

Herman

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,649 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Herman123

Welcome to our community page. Thank you for your post.

Kindly follow these steps below to assist you, you can try to change the protocol settings to see if that fixes the issue:

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME 
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Click Choose VPN protocol
    4. Switch between OpenVPN, OpenVPN (TCP) and IKEv2
    5. Turn the VPN protection on 

You can also try to reset the DNS cache on your computer. How to reset DNS cache on a Windows computer:

1. Open the command prompt as an administrator.

2. In the Command prompt, type the command below. After each command, press Enter to execute.

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh winsock reset
    • netsh int ipv6 reset

3. Restart your machine and check again.

If the above steps do not help, the issue might be that your firewall is blocking the connection. If that is the case, you need to change your firewall settings to allow the connection.

Our Android, Windows and macOS products use the OpenVPN protocol. The ports for Android, Mac, and Windows are:

• TCP/UDP ports in the range 2700 - 2800
    • TCP port 443

Allow traffic on these ports in your firewall and try to connect FREEDOME again. Refer to this video on how to open the Windows Firewall and configure the ports: 

Check if automatic killswitch is enabled. Here's how to check.

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN
    2. Click Settings

The automatic killswitch is the 4th button under Connection & Status. If it is turned on,

1. Click Allow connections to other devices in trusted networks
    2. Check the network you're currently connected to
    3. Click Save

Specific programs made to optimize network performance by for example switching between different network connections or deciding how different software is allowed to use the network might also cause issues with Freedome. If you are aware of such software being installed on your computer, try turning it off to see if it has an effect.

Check if you have for example the Npcap capture driver installed on your computer. It is known to cause issues when installed simultanously with Freedome. The Npcap capture driver is installed often with Wireshark. 

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info