Unable to access NRK from abroad, againšŸ¤¬

thommyb
thommyb Posts: 6 Observer
edited November 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Dear moderator,

In 2020 there was some issues with your VPN-server In Oslo. That problem you guys fixed in a couple of days. Now it's not working again. I know that Netflix and some other big players are effectively blocking there services, but this guy is a small player, so please could you do something to fix this problem. IĀ“m sure I am not the only one of you customers having this problem.

/thommyb

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer āœ“

Hi @Bjarnek

Kindly run some tests and see if the issue is now solved.

We can confirm that the service is now back to normal.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Answers

• Bjarnek
    Bjarnek Posts: 15 Enthusiast

The only reason that I pay for F-Secure Freedome is so that I can see NRK, and as thommyb says is it not working. We just get a message to turn of our VPN.

• Jaims

Hi @thommyb @Bjarnek

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would like to inform you that we are already looking into this with the relevant team and will let you know once there's a fix.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Bjarnek
  • Jaims

Hi @Bjarnek

There is no ETA for this fix but we are working to get it rectified as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

• Bjarnek

Hey!

Could we please get some update on the progress of thee fix? It's pretty annoying as long as it's not working when this is the only thing that I'm using and paying for F-Secure Freedome.

Regards

Bjarne

• Jaims

Hi @Bjarnek

We've had several communications between NRK provider and our Freedome team in the past few days and we can confirm that some level of progress has being made so far.

However, there has not been any conclusion yet on this matter.

We will keep you updated as this progresses. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused.

• thommyb

Yes, itā€™s working šŸ‘ Letā€™s hope it continues to do so.

/t

• Bjarnek

Hey @Jaims

We are now back to the same problem where we just get a message to turn of our VPN and try again.

Can you pls fix this, an hopefully faster than the last time.

Regards

Bjarnek

• thommyb

I've noticed some attempts from NRK to disturb us when watching, but after restarting my iPhone I was able to continue my streaming. But for sure they are watching us. So Jaims and you other moderaters must keep a close eye to this matter.

/thommyb

• Jaims

Hi @thommyb

Thanks for this information.

At times, devices get overloaded due to browser cookies, and clearing browsing data and resetting the DNS cache does help which is what happens when you also restart or turn on airplane mode on an iOS device. This could be the case here for you.

We will update our Freedome team on this development and provide you with further possible reasons from their end.

@Bjarnek did this step help in your case too?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info