Safe browser not working on Android device

allochnu
allochnu Posts: 4 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Running Oxygen OS 11.0.5.1 GM21BA on My OP 7 Pro.

Starting Safe browser only shows attached page.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @allochnu

Thanks for your swift response.

Have you tried to force shut the app? If this fails, we will suggest you reinstall the F-Secure app. Uninstalling the main app will also remove the safe browser.

If the issue remains the same even after reinstalling it, kindly to go the About page of the main app and provide us with the screenshot.

Answers

• Jaims

Hi @allochnu

It looks like you had a banking tab previously opened.

Can you try to open a new tab then close the old ones and see if this helps? Or are you trying to access a banking site on the SAFE browser when you arrived on this page?

• allochnu

IF you mean open a new tab in safe browser, I can't because I arrive in that page when I open safe browser from the app drawer and when I open it from the SAFE app.

• allochnu

Force closing/uninstalling didn't solve the problem.

I now have two devices representing the same device (OP 7 Pro) in the device section of the app. How do I remove the redundant one?

Screenshot below.

• Jaims

Hi @allochnu

When you login to My F-Secure portal, click on the device (OP 7 Pro) and you will see the installation dates. Release the license from the oldest one to free up 1 license.

From the screenshot you sent, can you click on the link "See how it works" and that should either open a new tab giving you the opportunity to close this problematic tab or should redirect the present tab to the "see how it works" instruction page.

• allochnu

Clicking that link just shows a banner.

But nevermind, the problem is solved after numerous install/uninstall. Why it suddenly works as expected I have no idea about.

Thanks for your efforts, consider this case closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info