1. moving the tag column to the end
  2. restart the app

Have a nice day & best regards

Accepted Answer

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 233 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey, @66f2e490!

A small update about the language issue. We have made a fix and validated it to work as expected. It will be included in the next FS Protection version. We are planning to release it soon.

We'll appreciate your feedback once you get the update. Hope it's working as expected for you as well. Thanks.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

Answers

• ArthurVal
    edited January 2022

Hello, @66f2e490,

Thanks for the report! Noted, we will definitely take a look and provide an update when this gets addressed.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• 66f2e490
    66f2e490 Posts: 45 Contributor

Hi @ArthurVal

Thanks for your quick reply!

Another UI issue I found (after updating to 18.2 (41864)) is the LaunchAgent app doesn't obey System's language settings.

The language was set for EN, it works in pervious versions. But in this version 18.2 (41864), the LaunchAgent App ignores it and still shows in German.

Best regards.

• ArthurVal

Good catch! Thanks.

We will need to investigate what might be the root cause of such behavior. One thing that comes to mind is that the launch agent has been sandboxed in the latest FS Protection release. I wonder if that is causing this to happen.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• pajp
    pajp Posts: 107 F-Secure Employee
    edited February 2022

UPDATE: It turns out my testing methodology was flawed and it works fine in older versions. As such, as we can clearly reproduce the problem we do not need any further information at the moment. Apologies for the confusion!

Original message:

Hi @66f2e490! I've been investigating your bug related to setting an app-specific language for our LaunchAgent process. However, in my investigation I have been unable to get it to work in any version, going back one year. I suspected a macOS update might have broken it but even when installing a product build from January 2021 on macOS 10.15.4 I can't get it to work. We'll keep investigating and also open a ticket with Apple regarding this, but in the meantime, if you could provide some additional information it could help us narrow down what's going on.

• Do you remember exactly (or approximately) the last time you saw it work? Do you recall which macOS version you were running at the time
    • Additionally, could you create bug report at beta.f-secure.com and attach Support Tool (fsdiag) output? That would include some information about the installation/upgrade history of the OS and product as well as some additional diagnostics.

Thanks again for reporting this issue, it's probably still going to take a while until it's fixed, but we're working on it!

Rasmus Sten

F-Secure Technology, Mac Team