unable to reuse the key purchased yesterday on the same machine after reinstall of windows 8.1

msv
msv Posts: 6 New Member

Unable to reuse the valid subscription key for F-Secure antivirus after reinstall of windows 8.1 os.

the validity of the key will expire on 16 feb 2023.

Edit: PII Removed

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @msv

We humbly request you to reply to this post as there's no need to open any new post outside this ongoing conversation here. Thank you for your understanding.

Reset done! Please try to use the code again and see if that works or follow the below instructions to confirm the installation was rightly done or you might have installed the wrong product.

Here are what you need to ensure are in place before using the code.

Before you start installing F-Secure Antivirus, make sure that:

• Your Windows is up to date.
    • You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor.
    • You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights.
    • You have an internet connection.

Ensure that Windows added the F-Secure certificate to the trusted certificates list

1. Go to the Download F-Secure Products page.
    2. Select F-Secure Antivirus from the list.
    3. Click Download for Windows.
    4. Depending on your browser:
      • The installer file downloads automatically; or
      • You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save file.
    5. Press Ctrl + J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
    6. Double-click the installer file (F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe) to run it.
    7. When prompted, type in your subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) to continue the installation.
      • Make sure that you use the correct subscription key. If you have a multi-user subscription, you can enter the same subscription key on multiple Windows PC. For single subscription key, each Windows PC should use a separate subscription key.

Allow the product to complete the installation. The installation takes a minute or so (depending on your Internet connection speed), and once installed, your computer is protected.

Answers

• Jaims

Hi @msv

Please do not share your personal information like the code or email address publicly. I have removed that information to protect you.

I was able to check the code for you and the F-Secure Antivirus code you purchased is only for 1 PC and not more than 1. However, you can reuse it if you have reinstalled the Windows OS but you need to click on "Transfer License" once you are prompted during reuse.

If this fails, do let me know so I can reset the code for you from our end.

• msv
    edited February 2022

I have requested a key reset.

I could not find any transfer license option in f-secure antivirus. Despite contacting support no use. I have removed f-secure anti-virus. It is better not to buy this product in future. Instead of resetting telling about the license transfer option that does not exist in the installed f-secure antivirus. It shows only two options

buy or enter subscription key

repaired Windows 8.1 OS and reinstalled F-secure antivirus. After it is not accepting the new license key purchased a day before.

No license transfer exists.

• msv
    edited February 2022

It shows the code not found

• msv
    edited February 2022

Jaims reply not solved my problem

Not found option to release the license

Need a reset

• msv

"Transfer License" once you are prompted during reuse

This option not found

Need a reset

• Jaims

Hi @msv

We are more than willing to assist you with this issue and get it solved as soon as possible.

Kindly reply to our email asap and provide us with the requested screenshot so we can take it from there or follow the instruction in my last reply.

Thank you.

• msv

No transfer of license option found

• Jaims

Hi @msv

You have installed F-Secure SAFE instead of F-Secure Antivirus. This is the reason why the code will not work because you are using it on the wrong product.

Please follow the instructions I shared earlier to get F-Secure Antivirus running on your computer.

This discussion has been closed.