Mac, ID Protection and F2 - how to remove that shortcut?

K_P
K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast
edited August 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

Hi,

In mac it seems that ID Protection is defining the F2 key to trigger display selection menu on login informations stored in vault.

As I am used to have another shortcut defined to F2, I would like to remove ID Protection from the F2, but do not find a way to do that. So, how can I free my Mac's F2 from the ID Protections shortcut? The usual system settings do not do the trick, and I can not find solution from ID Protection preferences either.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @K_P

As we know, this issue can only be fixed on your Mac application itself and there's a confirmation that this problem will go away in the next generation of Mac clients.

Maybe you would want to check with Apple support on how to get rid of an application stuck on F2 hotkey?

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @K_P

I believe that this is one functionality on MacOS where you have accidentally assigned F-Secure ID Protection to that button as a shortcut. It's easy to change it and I found you the solution on the below Apple Support page.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204436Let us know if this helps.

• K_P

Hi,

Like I mentioned in the first message, the usual system setting for function keys' behavior did not have the effect on how ID Protection behaves:

• selected "Use f1, f2 etc. keys as standard function keys"
    • only shortcut assigned to f2 is default "move focus to the menu bar"

I am running Monterey 12.2, but same this was happening with 12.1. I wonder if this is some kind of bug on F-Secure product, or settings contradiction after system updates?

Unfortunately it seems that with Mac there are several issues with F-Secure products (and on Windows side practically none on my setups).

• Stormy
    Stormy Posts: 1 New Member

I am suffering from the same problem. In my Mac settings I have nothing set to F2, but Lightroom uses it to rename files. This is something that I use daily, so I NEED to change the VAULT shortcut to something else or have a way to disable it all together.

• K_P

I have the same situation as Stormy: f2 shortcut is not set in any way that user or admin account can change it.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info