ID PROTECTION does not open in HUAWEI Phone

Juha123213
Juha123213 Posts: 3 New Member
edited July 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

Hello,

ID PROTECTION just stopped working in my HUAWEI mate 20 pro phone last week. I have been reinstalling it, no help.

When opening the app, it will just show attached screen. Is there any way to access my passwords?

Accepted Answer

• VpU
    VpU Posts: 21 Explorer
    Answer ✓

UPDATE

I just contacted F-Secure's support and they informed me that they are well aware of the problem and are expecting to fix it by tomorrow.

Answers

• F1yer504
    F1yer504 Posts: 2 Observer

I have the exact same issue on my Huawai starting today (24/01/2022). I removed the app, reinstalled, same issue. It's stuck on the loadingscreen as shown in your screenshot. The app now only works on my PC's not on my phone where I use it the most ;( Any help would be highly appreciated!

• F1yer504
    F1yer504 Posts: 2 Observer

Ok, if I wait for about 3 or 4 minutes, the app opened. Not really workable....

• Juha123213

I now managed to open it once with phone, but the problem is, that it seems to be new installation without any passwords saved earlier.

Same thing if I use PC version. Is it so that the passwords are saved locally and not synchronized between devices automatically?

• VpU

I have the same exact problem and I made a post about it in the Finnish Forum.

Let's hope that F-Secure investigates the problem swiftly and comes up with a working solution.

• VpU

I would like to add, that the problem in question is not limited to only Huawei devices.

It seems that OnePlus and Samsung devices are also affected and in these cases the problem surfaced after the latest Android 11 security update.

• PFoster1234
    PFoster1234 Posts: 3 New Member

Huawei Mate 20 Pro with exactly the same issue, re-installed and still the same issue. Tomorrow is a long time.

• VpU

Hey PFoster1234.

I understand your frustration, but it always takes some time to properly fix product issues.

Just to put it short, first you have to dublicate the issue, analyze it and after that you can come up with a possible solution for it.

After you have discovered a possible working fix you have to test it out.

The process unfortunately takes some time, but I'm quite sure that F-Secure's staff knows what they are doing and that they will fix the problem as soon as possible.

• PFoster1234
    PFoster1234 Posts: 3 New Member

Well, it appears fixed, do they send out a notification?

• Juha123213

App is opening now, but it can't find the saved passwords. It's a new installation. is there any way to recover the passwords from some local file in the phone? Or are those gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info