Install stucks at 40% due to a non existing programm

bobloeffen
bobloeffen Posts: 2 New Member

I successfully installed F-Secure Safe on 2 PC's and wanted to install it on a 3th one ( I have a license for 5 PC's). This install stops at 40% due to, what f-Secure says, an incompatible program. I should uninstall manualy. But this mentioned program (Zenama AntiMalware) has never been installed on this pc, I don't even know the program, never heard of it.

In the meantime I have tried to install Zenama, uninstall it after, no result. Tried F-secure forced uninstaller for all virus scanners, used Revo Uninstaller to check, did an online scan, uninstalled another antimalware program (Malwarebytes), used Ccleaner to cleanup, checked registry for Zenama. Nothing helps. If I click on retry while installing F-secure it goes to 44% and reports the same but after this never goes any further than this 44%.

Anybody knowing the fix for this problem as I already have spend about 8 hours so far on this issue.

Thanks, Bob

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

There is a discussion with a workaround:

Installation window disappears exactly at 40% - any ideas? — F-Secure Community

you can bypass a certain sidegrade check or any of them. thus - perhaps - the installation will continue with your situation too.

alternatively, you can try to dig a bit more and find out what is exactly trigger for "zemana" (remains or any other branded solutions, but with its core). For example, by reaching F-Secure official support channels (web-chat): Contact support | F-Secure

But if it does not matter - just try to use a hint from mentioned topic (by running the installer from command-line with this option: --skip-sidegrade *)

Thanks!

Answers

• bobloeffen
    bobloeffen Posts: 2 New Member

Thank you so much...

This solved it

Within 1 minute the installation finshed and it works.

As said, I had never heard of or used the mentioned Zemana program.

Great.

Bob

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Within 1 minute the installation finshed and it works.

Great to hear it!

As said, I had never heard of or used the mentioned Zemana program.

Yes. I just meant that F-Secure SAFE somehow incorrectly "detected" something. Perhaps, it is useful to know - completely or there was any hint. This could be, for example, 'rebranded' Zemana solution for another company (so, detected Zemana by its core or 'specific' item / driver). A brief search on the subject with one such example - Watchdog Anti-Malware. Perhaps, can be something else. It can also be different types of solutions - not only AV, but just a specific tool (which can also be branded with a different name). Usually, software can be listed in installed applications. But, from time to time, even if uninstalled - something need to be cleaned up. Anyway, good that all works and F-Secure SAFE is successfully installed .

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info