User accounts in blue, red, green colour

Timere
Timere Posts: 5 Observer

I am a new user of F-Secure Safe. I have now added several user accounts. The icon of my account is blue - probably because I am the subscription owner. The other accounts have red and green icons. What is the difference?

Accepted Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Timere

Thank you for providing us with the screenshots.

This is the People & Devices view where you manage everything protected by your My F-Secure subscription.

This section replaces the old implementation that only had a link to open Safe Home in a browser. You can see people's profiles represented in different colored avatars with the devices in the account. You can also manage Family Rules for child profiles, and the colored avatars have no negative impression on the status of the profiles which could also appear in random colors other than red. Only the Subscription Owner has a fixed avatar.

• Timere
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the explanation!

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Timere

When I checked your account, I saw all your sub-users on the orbit with the same color as your profile.

Do you want to provide us with some screenshots so we understand exactly what you are trying to say?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I could not check with my own devices (because currently there is only one active) - but, perhaps, your experience is about subscription owner (as you said) || invited users (sub-users) || and, maybe, kids profile / adult profile with color differentiation. At least, if you about 'embed' view in application UI "People" (and not about My F-Secure portal). Where can be visible list of users/devices (type of devices) if you are subscription owner

Thanks!

• Timere

Hello,

thank you for your answer!

You can see it on the screenshot of the smartphone app:

The blue symbol is my own. But I am not clear where the difference is between the red and the green symbols. I have only set up "normal" users, not a child account.

However, there are no such differences in the web application.

• Timere

... and this is a screenshot of the Windows app with the same colour differentiation:

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

If I remember correctly, the image colors are based on the first letter of the name (red for these letters, green for these, and so on....).

-Cale

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info