apk file for dictatorship countries

Alex13787
Alex13787 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure VPN

I'm from Russia and can't install Freedom to my new Android tab there. Due to Putin's censorship Google Play shop is not working on this side of Firewall. Would it be too much to ask to put APK file available also to somewhere else than just to Google Play store? Then it would be possible to install in offline mode and make it work.

I think I am not the only one who might need it from alternative source...

Accepted Answer

Answers

• BeKi16
    BeKi16 Posts: 2 New Member

To: F-Secure

Is there a technical reason for not making .APK files (Safe, Freedom, etc) available outside Google and Apple stores ?

I am operating an Android phone without Google account - so no access to Play Store. But even more for people like Alex13737 in the current current situation (threats by Russia so that even Finland is considering to join NATO) it might be essential to download .APKs from safe sites.

Regards

BeKi16

• BeKi16
    BeKi16 Posts: 2 New Member

To: F-Secure

=> Is there a technical reason for not making .APK files (Safe, Freedom, etc) available outside Google and Apple stores for a safe download?

I am operating an Android phone without Google account - so no access to Play Store.

But even more important for people like Alex13737 in the current current situation (threats by Russia so that even F-SECURE's home country Finland is considering to join NATO) it might be essential to download .APKs from safe sites.

=> Where to get the .APK files ?

Regards

BeKi16

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @BeKi16

Our security standard mandates us to maintain a secure and unified platform for all downloads.

For this reason, we only go through Google Play Store to distribute our downloads, else the .apk will end up in many unwanted 3rd party stores.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info