Home Security FluBot malware threatens Android users - dozen times and counting!

Scitor
Scitor Posts: 6 New Member

I have already received this message from F-Secure on this tablet more than 10 times, plus my cell phone, etc. Last today at 5.01, 18.35 and 20.36. What the hell will end this bombing if the company does not provide an email address to which to complain? Chats and phones are either closed or behind a terrible queue. .

Accepted Answer

• AMazed
    AMazed Posts: 2 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

@Scitor first of all, sorry that you had to this face this annoyance. Apologies.

I believe it's a corner case, some bug that's affecting you and a few unfortunate ones, but not a lot of users (because we have not received other complains and was not able to reproduce similar issue previously)

1. If you could send the log, may be we can find some clues about the bug.

Please go to the app, side menu, about view, keep tapping version number (7 times) and a send log button will appear.

Please leave some notes in the report, like push message or link to this post, so that we can locate the log easily.

2. If it's not much trouble for you, see if uninstalling reinstalling solve this bug (assuming it's a client side rare bug).

BR,

Mazed

Answers

• Scitor

Is this an english Forum? Briefly: F-Secure is bombarding me with this article - how to stop it!!!?

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Scitor

Would you prefer to be served in English or in Finnish?

We can move the post to the Finnish board where you will receive assistance in that language or you can edit the post to English so we can address it for you here.

Awaiting your response.

• Scitor

Hi! Thanks for an reaction!

I prefer an answer in Finnish, but I don't mind if I get help in English either. Just if there is a way F-Secure would stop spamming me with this singular message I mentioned above. I Gave you (in Finnish), as an example, just that one day's posting time stamps.

So yes please, both is better!

Awaiting for an solution, (I didn't hook on FS just to be spammed later on)

Yours,

Scitor

• Jaims

Hi @Scitor

Can we get a screenshot of this error so we can check if this is some adware pop ups on your browser then you might need to clear the browsing data on that Android device and then run a virus scan.

If it is the F-Secure SAFE prompting this, we also need to check what the app has detected or suggesting that you do.

• Scitor

As I've said already it is an article by FS. I don't read it anymore, it's just annoying to be prompted about it time and again!

• Scitor
    edited December 2021

Hi,

a screenshot as you asked.

Have you received any strange text messages? F-Secure SAFE protects you from SMS-spreading malware. Find more information and instructions on our blog

• Jaims

Hi @Scitor

This could be a prompt for you to run an urgent virus scan on your Android device or go through your SMS and see if there's a message with a URL (link) from an untrusted source. Delete such message, reboot your phone and run a virus scan immediately.

Let us know the outcome.

• Scitor

No Jaims, no,

it was a general article mass posted to FS customers, I believe. But it should be sent only once per customer address!

And, BTW, I did receive about ten suspicious SMSs - before this article of yours - and did not open their links, but deleted them & blocked the numbers they were sent from.

And of course, I scan all my devices daily with my TOTAL product.

This is really frustrating, I seem to help you more than you help me.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info