F-Secure Mobile Security (Android)

TIBCSI6675
TIBCSI6675 Posts: 9 New Member

Why doesn't it support the following web browser: Chrome,Samsung (phishing protection)?

Supported by other security applications!

i don't think many people want to use their own browser.

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solution).

Surely this point was discussed in the Community and actually in some versions of Android there (was) support for some other browsers besides F-Secure SAFE Browser.

I think the current design or high browser dependency of F-Secure SAFE is based on third-party browser policy (for F-Secure). Their ability to change, modify, intercept or something like that. So, perhaps, they do not want to abuse something or implement ways that  might break users' privacy (for example). While with "own" browser - it is possible to do more smoothly and with strong security matter.

Of course, with other side of thoughts - it is always tricky to support browsers and be compatible with each potential version. Even if this is about only two of them (like mentioned ones).

However, I am not friendly (I mean, not known for me about) how other security applications get around this.

So, good if there will be any official replies from F-Secure about.

// by the way, F-Secure Mobile Security can be with another design or with limited support soon. At least, home solution (for incoming users) - F-Secure SAFE for Android; while business solutions with a bit another design and with strict EoL (Migrating from Mobile Security or Freedome for Business to Elements Mobile Protection - F-Secure Community).

Thanks!

Answers

• TIBCSI6675
    TIBCSI6675 Posts: 9 New Member

F-Secure Mobile Security can be with another design.

Already published?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Already published?

I meant that F-Secure Mobile Security could already (at that time) differ from the stable version of F-Secure SAFE for Android (that is, the solution that is available to most users). And I had no opportunity to evaluate the version (of F-Secure Mobile Security) for business users.

While my answer was more about F-Secure SAFE (for Android). The current F-Secure SAFE is indeed with some workarounds for child profiles (at least, when I tried) - the feature is combined with privacy improvement and so. However, adult profiles are still with mainly "F-Secure SAFE Browser" as a recommended default browser for using advanced protection (against harmful-rated websites and related things).

Of course, if I understood your question properly.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info