Virus scanner Safe Online

RBEbben
RBEbben Posts: 1 New Member

My virus scanner Safe Online (Ziggo Safe Online) scans much more quicker than before until 99% and then starts scanning again. Finally it reports everything is oke. Something changed?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user. And I haven't used F-Secure Online Scanner in quite some time (if this particular tool is mentioned).

scans much more quicker than before until 99% and then starts scanning again. Finally it reports everything is oke. Something changed?

Perhaps, this tool can be still with applied changes and fixing the flow. Fresh engines, fresh ways.

I think your described situation is about 'post-scan' check or the other type of scan (memory or anything like that). So, this is why 99% switched to 100% (for example) too much quickly and then another stage appears. After which - scanning is completed. It can also be preparation for completion or processing of found files. Or something like that.

You can also try to compare experience with its stable version (not branded by Ziggo): Free online virus scan | F-Secure Online Scanner | F-Secure

HOWEVER, if mentioned "virus scanner Safe Online (Ziggo Safe Online)" is compared to F-Secure SAFE, or F-Secure IS / F-Secure AV (F-Secure SAFE — Award-winning internet security | F-Secure // F-Secure Anti-Virus — Virus and malware protection for PC | F-Secure). Could you provide a bit more information.

What is type of scan you tried to perform. Or how much is "more quicker"? How many files scanned based on its report?

Can you also check Settings about any options like to scan only file types that could be affected. And so on.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info