FS Protection Beta expiring

iMatt
iMatt Posts: 16 Enthusiast
edited September 2021 in Home Security Beta Programs

My FS Protection is about to expire in a day. It normally renews automatically. However, it is not doing so right now. Any way this can be done?

Accepted Answer

• iMatt
    iMatt Posts: 16 Enthusiast
    Answer ✓

Well, mine has expired. Replaced it with the trial version of F-Secure SAFE. Will purchase the retail version as the auto-renewal of FS-Protection is not renewing.

Answers

• risc_yu
    risc_yu Posts: 2 Observer

me too!

And reinstalling can not solve this problem

• Candi1
    Candi1 Posts: 58 Active Engager

I just received a notification that my FS beta protection will be expiring in about a week. I would really like to continue with the beta program, please. Thank you!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

My FS Beta has now expired as well. I did receive a PM from @Ivan_Osipov saying this would be renewed. I will have to uninstall for now, as I've got no protection. 😕

• Candi1

Thank you Simon. But does that mean yours will be renewed? Or everyone's will be renewed. Thanks!

• Simon

No idea! I assume everyone's has expired at the same time, so they should all be renewed at the same time.

• Candi1

Ok. Thank you very much Simon!!! :) I guess I'll just have to wait & see. Thanks again!!!

• Simon

I've already posted a bug report in the beta portal, but I guess another one wouldn't hurt. 😉

I'm not sure how much protection is still active once the subscription expires, and it does say on the UI that all protection is off, so I would advise caution when using the Internet until the subscriptions are renewed.

I was going to uninstall FS and use Windows Security until this is sorted, but didn't in the end. Hopefully the subs will be renewed in the next 24 hours.

• Candi1

I believe I still have a couple days left for mine(thankfully). I hope they subs will be updated/renewed before mine expires. I'll probably do the same & use Windows Security, if I need to wait. But fingers crossed it gets sorted out/renewed before that.

Yes, makes me really nervous to use the internet without any security, too. So I'll have to figure something out, if it isn't renewed by then.

Do you think I should send in a bug report too?

Thanks again, Simon! 😊

• Juha_Valimaki
    Juha_Valimaki Posts: 43 F-Secure Employee

We want to test the use cases when subscription is about to be expired every now and then also, so this is planned. We aim to renew subscriptions before they actually expire. If that is not the case for some reason, feel free to file a bug using beta.f-secure.com.

• Candi1

Thank you Juha. I will watch to make sure it renews before it expires. If it doesn't renew & expires, I will fill out a bug report. I really hope it renews before it expires though. I really don't like using the internet without security. But I realize this is part of beta testing too though. Thank you!