Unable to turn Freedome ON

katz
katz Posts: 16 Observer
edited March 2022 in F-Secure VPN

I have an Android phone and with the latest update of F-Secure Freedome, I am unable to turn on the VPN on my phone because when I hit the ON button, I get a message pop-up from Android which says the following.

ANDROID PREVENTS TURNING ON VPN

PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANOTHER APP SET UP AS "ALWAYS-ON VPN" IN ANDROID SETTINGS.

GO TO SETTINGS.

When I hit the button it takes me to a settings page which says VPN and shows the message "No VPNs added"

Any ideas?

Accepted Answer

• katz
    katz Posts: 16 Observer
    Answer ✓

Hi Jaims. No, there is no other VPN on the phone. I can verify that is really true because when I pull up the relevant page in Settings I do not see any VPNs listed and I see the message "No VPNs added".

I updated F-Secure and then uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times on my phone. None of this fixed the error.

Finally I gave up and took the time to manually back up all the content on my phone and did a factory reset. That fixed the problem, albeit after hours of frustration. I called it a night. The next day, I reinstalled all the apps and personal files I had backed up manually to my laptop.

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @katz

Have you tried reinstalling the Freedome VPN app? From the error message, it appears you have another VPN running on the same device.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info