F-Secure Router Checks. Amber or Yellow in colour instead of Green colour.

Rusli
Rusli Posts: 1,015 Influencer

I do DNS Check with F-Secure Router that I got an Amber or Yellow Colour instead of Green. How do I know if the DNS is working or okay? But it says that the check is incomplete.

Accepted Answer

• Rusli
    Answer ✓

Hi,

At my end, i use the cloudflare dns in my router configuration to do the f-secure router check. Somehow it still get a Yellow colour. I did not have any VPN network turned on my Wifi Router. There seems to be a problem with cloudflare dns.

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Rusli

Make sure that you do not have any VPN turned on as this will prevent the F-Secure Router Checker from retrieving the necessary information. VPNs encrypts the traffic.

For how long (days/weeks) have you been trying to run this check and on how many devices have you tested this out? Maybe a reboot of your router could help but I can confirm that the F-Secure Router Checker worked fine at my end with a green result so there seems to be no issue with this tool.

• Rusli

Hi,

VPN is not turned on. As I did not use it when testing F-Secure Router Check. And still getting Amber or Yellow instead of Green indication. There must be something wrong with Cloudflare DNS.

This discussion has been closed.