How can I update the virus definitions for F-Secure Safe from command line on Mac?

Rasheeth
Rasheeth Posts: 2 New Member

I am trying to update the virus definitions for F-Secure Safe from command line on Mac.I found this command : "sudo /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/bin/dbupdate" but it throws the following error: /usr/local/f-secure/fsaua/bin/fsauatool: No such file or directory. What should I do to rectify the error? or Is there any other command to update the virus definitions on Mac?

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rasheeth

I just received an update from F-Secure SAFE team regarding your inquiry. You may try the command below but this may not work in future versions of F-Secure SAFE:

touch /usr/local/F-Secure/signal/fsupdated_guts2

or

touch /usr/local/f-secure/signal/fsupdated_guts2

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee

Hi @Rasheeth

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

May I know, if you were able to perform the update for virus definition from the F-Secure SAFE program? Is there any error showing on the F-Secure SAFE program?

If possible, could you provide us the link where you got this command "sudo /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/bin/dbupdate" from because this command line may be intended for another product which is why you are getting the error message?

For F-Secure SAFE on MacOS, to perform the virus definition update it can be done from the program. If the F-Secure SAFE does not functioning properly, reinstallation of the program might be able to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your update.

• Rasheeth
    Rasheeth Posts: 2 New Member

I can perform the update from the F-Secure Safe application. But I have a requirement to update the virus definitons from the command line. I was analysing the programs on my system and I found this command to be appropriate. I am not sure of the efficacy of the command

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info