F-Secure SAFE /Malware Bytes paid version

Madambianco
Madambianco Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi

I subscribe to both of the above to protect my Lenovo laptop but is that really a good idea, I wonder? It takes FOREVER to get the laptop started and I suspect that is due to the interminable scanning functions of these programs. Would I be better of with F-Secure and only the free Malware Bytes-version?

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Dear @Madambianco ,

We do not recommended using two different antivirus software at the same time, since our software already contains all necessary security components.

There are three reasons for this:

1. They will try to remove each other. If you have two different antivirus software, the first antivirus software will scan the system for software that monitor and send out the information about the system settings. The second antivirus software that is doing the same, will be detects as a threat, blocked and removed by the first antivirus software.
    2. They will be fighting for viruses. If the first antivirus software detects a virus, it removes it and places into quarantine. However, if the second antivirus software detects this quarantine file, it will remove it and places in its own quarantine. There will be constantly virus warnings displayed, even though it is no longer a threat to your system. If you do not want to get false warnings all the time, use only one antivirus software.
    3. They will reduce the system performance. Antivirus programs use a lot of memory to perform system scans and other operations. If you use two such programs at the same time, the performance of your computer can be extremely reduced.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info