utorrent getting blocked

3883 Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello, I must have gotten some sort of update last night due to my fsecure not letting me load up my utorrent, never had any issues at all until today.

I've basically added the whole AppData folder to the allow list but even with this it still block it, I'm I doing something wrong?

This is the error message I get.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fadel

Allowing it will not make any changes.

The latest uTorrent is known to also be bundled together with some PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) elements and when installing this software, it will display annoying advertisements. If you are looking for a trusted and free alternative with similar features, then we will recommend you use qBittorrent.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited June 2021

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

If the situation has not changed by itself, then you can try the following:

• to transfer executable file for analysis via Submit a sample | F-Secure
    • alternatively, check Quarantine (app and file control). There can be recently added feature (""Quarantined items can be reported to the Security Cloud directly from the app and file control user interface.""). But since your screenshot about block action, perhaps, no files were quarantined or deleted (at least, related to uTorrent).

I am a bit confused by detection name. Clearly contained "uTorrent". So, maybe your one is about somewhat compromised version or build? Otherwise, could you try to restart system - what if F-Secure SAFE with some internal changes and to apply them - need to restart services for further proper operating.

In addition, I am not sure how advanced detection should be (with AMSI involved or exploit protection) - but, maybe, your client just tried to perform something unexpected. So, uTorrent.exe is blocked itself to prevent further dangerous step. // but since detection is about "PUA" (potentially unwanted application) and with remark !fsmind - better to reach their Support / Labs about.

Thanks!

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star

Hey @3883,

You might also want to familiarize yourself with the following community article in order to add uTorrent.ext to the Excluded list so that it will no longer be blocked:

• Fadel
    Fadel Posts: 1 New Member

Hello,

I have tried several times with Deepguard to allow Utorrent but nothing !!! any suggestions ?!

Thanks ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info