Freedome jam my iPhone and Macbook

Murtovaara
Murtovaara Posts: 5 New Member
edited June 2021 in F-Secure VPN

I have paid subscription of Freedome and have sent 3 e-mails to support without response that Freedome jam my iPhone and MacBook.

Can not access internet, no E-mail, no browsing, closing Freedome and everything work normally.

• iPhone 8 Plus with iOs 14.6
  • Macbook Air M1 with Big Sur 11.4

Nobody bother to reply so the F-Secure support is really great.

What could I do to prevent this?

JV / Finland

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @Murtovaara ,

I have sent 3 e-mails to support without response

May I kindly ask how did you do that exactly? I can only see 1 case with the email address that you've used for this forum and it's from January.

Can not access internet, no E-mail, no browsing, closing Freedome and everything work normally.

This is not normal behaviour, please contact our customer care department, they will be able to remotely connect with your computer and test that themselves.

• Murtovaara

Sent this 24/05 freedome-mac-feedback@f-secure.com

Hey there,

Why is freedome freezing my iPhone? I find it somewhat cumbersome that I have to start to fiddle

with setting to read the news or E-mails. A program that now and then freeze is useless, how to

avoid it, please tell.

R. Vane

And this I sent to same address 27/05

I think Freedome customer support suck big time. 

It freeze my iPhone and I sent you a question twice, but you didn’t bother to answer.

I had to dig into your forum and found there suggestion to remove the app and re-install.

Hopefully it work now.

You are arrogant and you probably guess if I will renew my subscription or recommend you.

Regrds,

Juha Vane

I once replied directly to your website without any response.

I don't trust you enough to let you remotely access my computer. I understood from your forum that I'm not the only one with a Mac and problems with Freedome. I have removed and re-installed the program and all my programs should be up to date.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @Murtovaara,

Sent this 24/05 freedome-mac-feedback@f-secure.com. And this I sent to same address 27/05.

This email address is not a support channel. It gives an autoreply that it's not for support, it is only for giving feedback.

I think Freedome customer support suck big time. 

Sorry that you feel like support is poor. We're here for questions, by phone and chat.

• Murtovaara

So far you have only rubbed in my face that I've done wrong. Kinda stupid that I have to log to your forum and can not give feed back thru your we site that requires support.

Could you please solve my problem, am I asking too much?

• Murtovaara

I'm still waiting for a solution to this problem.

Freedome worked before, something has changed as it don't work anymore.

I paid for this and I expect it to work, or will you refund me?

Vane

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Murtovaara

If you don't mind, can you tell us your location, city and country, where you are facing this issue? The use of VPN is restricted in some countries, just to mention.

Sounds strange that 2 devices are facing the same connectivity issue. If it is not a subscription issue, it could be network related.

Just to reiterate that all our support channels are listed on our website under the Support tab for you to reach us on. The Live Chat, for example, is available 24/7 to serve you round the clock.

• Murtovaara

My location is Finland, city either Vantaa or Äänekoski. To my understanding VPN is not restricted here.

And it worked before, can't recall when the problems started, but now I have Freedome turned off.

I'm using same GSM network, but have to separate WiFi routers.

I turn it on and see what happen.

Product & Pricing Info