Stupid ****secure renewal reminders

FCKfscureSTPIDrmndrs
FCKfscureSTPIDrmndrs Posts: 3 New Member
edited November 2021 in F-Secure Internet Security

Stop with the stupid reminders, its just motivation for people to right away unsubscribe and use other solutions.

Also Ukko, **** you. Youre clearly workign for ****secure. You've 'tried' to resolve this issues with stupid answers but the answer is simple, roll out an update that enables the stupid reminders to be turned off completely. One or two reminder is fine. But EVERY **** SINGLE DAY FOR 45 DAYS IS JUST TOO MUCH.

edit

@Lucaseuropa - removed profanities

Answers

• FCKfscureSTPIDrmndrs
    edited May 2021

Took you seconds to remove profanities but takes you years, yes, years! people have been complaining about this for years and yet till today, ****secure cant roll out an update to remove the stupid bothersome renewal reminders.

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    edited May 2021

Hey!

Took you seconds to remove profanities

well, that's my job here 🙂

I'm sorry for any inconvenience you might experience with the reminders, however, please take a look at our newest version of SAFE - Version: 18.0 (build 4.50.5416.0)

There is a new main user interface with couple of major changes:

• The main user interface has been reworked with .NET technology, and only consumes resources when open.
    • Important events open the main user interface automatically, offering an easy way to solve them.
    • You can dismiss tasks that you don't consider important. Events are shown in the main user interface, and subviews only show events and statistics that relate to a specific subview. High resolutions, resizing, and accessibility features are now fully supported. 

And what Ukko concerns, he's not an F-Secure employee, but a very valuable member of our Community Forum.

• FCKfscureSTPIDrmndrs

Thanks Lucas, but I'm already using Version 18.0 (build 4.50.5419). Even in previous versions, I could easily dismiss things but it doesnt mean they wont reappear again and again and again. Sure its not hard to dismiss it, but when youre in a rush for deadlines and the stupid reminder suddenly pops up, believe you me itll piss you off.

Thanks again Lucas, but I have decided to uninstall it (in the midst of it as I'm typing). The reminders really irk me.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Since of Ukko mentions. :)

Also Ukko, **** you. Youre clearly workign for ****secure

I do not know you, but it sounds you are not the one who will ever be happy. Also, so, no thanks. You can keep your desires for yourself (if you willing). Not for me.

And I am not working for F-Secure Corporation.

You've 'tried' to resolve this issues with stupid answers but the answer is simple, roll out an update that enables the stupid reminders to be turned off completely.

In fact, I never tried to resolve this trouble / design. I think that I never even left feedback on this matter to F-Secure (except for discussions in topics on this subject within Community and as my own opinion, and clearly not feedback or feature requests or something like that.. such as possible improvements.). I am not concerned about these reminders. They would have bothered me if this software was imposed on me. Or I would have to spend my last money on renewing the subscription (with a huge choice of alternatives).

My only intention is to discuss the situation with the user who is affected by reminders (and, usually, users have some 'questions'). From my side - I will try to talk a little about the possible use of a reminder, and to understand what exactly is annoying, and also to understand if there are any specific proposals for improving or changing the design (which are really suitable for all and always).

However, they (my replies) are really not clever answers (or so) indeed.

One or two reminder is fine. But EVERY **** SINGLE DAY FOR 45 DAYS IS JUST TOO MUCH.

Actually, it can be varied 45 days or 30 days (depends on the purchase way?).

I find F-Secure reminders more embarrassing and confusing than annoying. 

A lot of things with modern web, operating systems may piss off. In particular, websites and stuff. The way out is always simple - if you don't need it - don't use it. But sometimes the presence of an annoying design is something explainable and annoying only for the reason that you individually do not like it because of your own feelings and not because of needs.

Anyway, it is not completely clear to me what kind of notifications, reminders and at what moment would suit me and make me want to "renew", and not count that they are knocking out money.

But F-Secure reminder is much better than some solutions from other companies. And as already mentioned - a fresh build may have significant improvements (especially dismiss and not appearing back) - but I haven't had an opportunity to test it.

If, when renewing in advance - "unused" days are saved - then I see almost no problems with the current reminders for the "month". Again, if you intended to renew rather than finish off and switch to a different solution (otherwise - it's really boring and to see the reminder every day).

The only thing that could be added. It is obvious that adding the ability to completely disable "reminders" or to do it in some form is the easiest way to solve the problematic causes of complaints. But since this had not been done before - probably - something objectively prevented it (or blocked it). Not because of something vicious, but because of something else, something normal or partially 'promoting'. At the same time, the reminders themselves do not have a spontaneous manner, but appear under specific circumstances, it is really easy to "reject" and hide the window. And in part it shouldn't do any damage, or insult someone because of its failure styling.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info