Serious Problem, Please Help: New Update "3.3.0" "Automatic WiFi Protection" is Dangerous?

Hopeful_Future
Hopeful_Future Posts: 67 Contributor
edited November 2021 in F-Secure VPN

Hi,

This problem has been bothering me all day and I haven't used FreedomE VPN App on my iPad because I've been so worried about this new update that includes "Automatic WiFi Protection"...🙁

Does "Automatic WiFi Protection" mean that the FreedomE VPN App on my iPad is running in the background without me opening the FreedomE VPN App and turning it on?

This is my worry:

I don't want my IP address to be changed by the FreedomE VPN App because for some websites my account on these websites is tied to my real and unaltered IP address from my ISP and so I'll be banned by these websites if FreedomE VPN App is running constantly and giving them an IP address that has been changed by the FreedomE VPN App...

Or another example is that I'll open the Netflix App on my iPad and because FreedomE VPN App is running constantly in the background and giving out a different IP address to my real IP address from my ISP, Netflix will think I'm from another country when I do not want this at all. I just want to open the Netflix App and be using my real IP address from my ISP and not an IP address that has been changed by the FreedomE VPN App.

Any help would be much appreciated! 😪

Accepted Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Danno

Yes, the anti tracking features are disabled in a trusted network.

Answers

• Hopeful_Future

Another question I have is:

Can FreedomE VPN App change my IP address my ISP has given me if I haven't opened it on my iPad??? Is this possible?

I'm really worried about this!

• Danno
    Danno Posts: 41 Contributor

So at home if marked as trusted network all the anti tracking features are disabled?

• Hopeful_Future

Your reply is much appreciated Tapsa!

I now understand that FreedomE VPN App on my iPad will not turn on and will not change my real IP address to another IP address unless I have turned the FreedomE VPN App ON and set it to "ON" inside the FreedomE VPN App.

I haven't used the FreedomE VPN App much since the new "Automatic WiFi Protection" update was released as I was very worried that it was changing my real IP address without being turned on.

However, I'm still confused on the "Automatic WiFi Protection" and how it effects me? Sorry to be asking questions, but I just want to be sure I understand the new feature and how it works...😥

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info