Touch ID for MacOS desktop version of F-Secure Key?

Schroeder
Schroeder Posts: 1 New Member

Could you please implement Touch ID to unlock F-Secure Key on the MacOS desktop version?

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• K_P
    K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast

I am also looking forward for this feature, so hopefully it gets high enough on the development roadmap :)

• Munkki
    Munkki Posts: 9 Observer

Me too!

• K_P

Any news on this feature? At the moment the lack of Touch ID support on Apple laptops is big usability issues compared to other similar products, and makes me to lean towards competition.

• Munkki
    Munkki Posts: 9 Observer

Any update team? This would be great to have!

• K_P

There must be other people in addition to me and Munkki who would love to see this feature implemented :)

Would be great to have so word from F-Secure if this is on the roadmap or not. Then it would be clear of one should move on, or keep waiting.

• Black_adder
    Black_adder Posts: 2 Observer

Lacking this feature prevents me using ID Protection as macOS usability suffers gratly. So definetely a vote for this.

• K_P

Hi F-Secure, any information on this one?

• K_P

Hi,

This feature request has been here for over year now. Would be nice to have any comment from F-Secure if this is going to ever be implemented, or if there is any reason why it has not been considered?

• K_P

Hi,

Still asking if F-Secure would be willing to share any information if this feature is planned (or for some reason decided not to be implemented) for ID protection on Macs?

And preferably also for PCs, as modern laptops are starting to **** more often with fingerprint readers.

• K_P
    edited May 2022

Let's have annual refresh on this question :)

I recall there was somewhere a mention earlier this year (2022) that touch id support would come as a part of refactoring the code. Any update regarding schedule?

(edit: typos fixed)

• K_P

Hi,

In another discussion thread there is community manager's note that biometric feature is already available in Mac client: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/124740/id-protection?

If that is so, how current version of ID Protection can be updated to such version on Mac? At least the ID Protection itself is not offering any updates?