Need a new internet security suite for windows 10

Hello Forum,

I was impressed by the test results of the f-secure software and would like to use it instead of my current software. Could someone answer my questions:

1. Can I use internet security without creating an account and without providing an email address?
  2. if I cannot avoid using your software without an account:

2a. Is it possible to use a two Faktor authentication for logging into the account?

2b. What can I control from the account? Can I disable the software or track or even lock the PC from my online account?

Thank you very much for the reply

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Can I use internet security without creating an account and without providing an email address?

With F-Secure Internet Security (only Windows platform): hmm, already cannot find a description page about this package on their official website. But, maybe, still possible to purchase via other stores. And still possible to download trial version.

So, you can use it without creating an account. Not required.

But probably you still should provide an email address, at least during purchase. However, all license things should be pinned just to "subscription / activation code" (which itself pinned to email as a communication channel).

With F-Secure SAFE (multi-platform): F-Secure SAFE — Internet security for all devices | F-Secure (f-secure.com)

or F-Secure TOTAL (package subscription of F-Secure SAFE + F-Secure Freedome VPN + F-Secure ID Protection).

Creating an account is needed. Some things are managed by user via My F-Secure Account portal.

For account - email address is needed too.

if I cannot avoid using your software without an account:

There is Two-Step Verification on My F-Secure Account portal. As an option. Also some more security tweaks (but I am not sure if available for all solutions).

What can I control from the account? Can I disable the software or track or even lock the PC from my online account?

Not so much as possible to imagine.  Track/lock and so things are available only for mobile platforms. Android (and maybe iOS).

From My F-Secure portal (account) you can: easily manage acquired licenses (release theme), to configure kids profiles (for Parental Control). If this is about F-Secure TOTAL - then to check boards about F-Secure ID Protection.

There is also some 'information' about installations itself (mostly timestamp of installation and whether device was active recently or 'not connected' to Internet too long).

In general, you could also check some Online Help and User Guides against preferred solution / package:

You can ask more. I will try to explain more and make sure in some points.

Also you could try to reach their official Support Channels. Web-chat, for example. Contact F-Secure support | F-Secure (f-secure.com) Support Agents are certified for proper clarifications.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info