With Web Traffic Scanning on, I cannot send files using WeChat

With Web Traffic Scanning on, I cannot send files to my friends using WeChat. The transfer speed will significantly increase when I turn Web Traffic Scanning off.

I hope you could fix this issue.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited March 2021

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). Maybe you can just boost up situation a bit.

I am not sure what can be really helpful there, but you can try to contact (or transfer WeChat executable to) F-Secure Labs:  https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/submit-a-sample

Another way is their Official Support channels. For example, web-chat: Contact F-Secure support | F-Secure (f-secure.com)

Just because, perhaps, some logs are useful there.

However, my own thoughts: "you cannot send files to" or "speed is not enough well"? I mean, with only "Web Traffic Scanning" disabled - you can send files? Also, this functionality probably about unencrypted connections or maybe used protocol is a bit tricky and F-Secure somewhat interfere there.

I mean also that maybe some other functionality can be a reason for inability to send files. For example, certain domain rated as suspicious (can be 'invisible' for user). Or something like DeepGuard/Ransomware protection (protected folders) suspect something (in general, should be visible for user).

// by the way

since your topic is under Home Security Beta Programs board. If your experience is about fs protection - then maybe you can try to create a bug-report instead of contacting Support. At least, they can escalate if this is impossible to fix as a bug (and power of F-Secure Labs required).

Thanks!