When will F-Secure Freedome be available to download from Google Play Store on Android TV:s & sticks

AdamSand
AdamSand Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2021 in F-Secure VPN

When will F-Secure Freedome be available to download from Google Play Store on Android TV:s & sticks?

I'm now using and other vpn to be able to watch tv Swedish tv channels despite the fact that I'm not living in Sweden. However, since yesterday I'm not able to watch Sweden's TV4 channel when I'm using Windscribe VPN, but with Freedome it's working fine on my tablet. That's why I need Freedome's vpn on my Android TV:s and TV sticks as well. Is F-Secure planning of doing a Freedome app to Android TV:s and TV sticks?

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AdamSand !

That's a very interesting idea, I would love to see that function in the future.

As for now, Android-based smart televisions use the Android TV operating system and it is not supported by any F-Secure product. 

Sometimes it might be possible to find F-Secure SAFE or F-Secure FREEDOME applications from the Android televisions PlayStore and install it, but this or its functionality is not guaranteed. 

Answers

• AdamSand
    AdamSand Posts: 2 New Member

Thanks Lucas for your comment! Many other vpn providers have an app for Android TVs as well, so I don't understand why F-Secures hasn't. I really would like someone from F-Secure also could answer this question. I have used Freedome for many, many years and I've been very satisfied with their product. Unfortunately speed suffers pretty much with Freedome vpn, but it's stable and easy to use, so I like it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info