Android (9) ID Protection not capable of landscape mode ?

Hello,

on my Android 9 device I could not use IDP in landscape mode.

Is it meant to be only used in portrait mode ?

Regards

PatchPanel

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

Hello,

Is it meant to be only used in portrait mode ?

Probably yes. Since this also applies to my experience on devices with Android 9, as well as "partially" with Android 10. Besides, with F-Secure KEY too.

However, I think the ability to use landscape mode is maybe limited to tablets and possibly the aspect ratio (screen) of the device. And also, maybe, specific places of the interface.

For example, I did manage to keep landscape mode on Android 10 device under "Settings" page of F-Secure ID Protection. Maybe it is indeed possible that tablet-type devices have landscape mode available (although, seemingly recalling the experience of using F-Secure KEY on such a device, everything was also pinned there in the portrait mode)

Anyway, I think that the idea is to create a good enough view and smooth usability with portrait mode.

Sorry for my reply.

// forgot to add

on my Android 9 device I could not use IDP in landscape mode.

but did you mean that with another device (another Android version) you could use F-Secure ID protection in landscape mode? Or, for example, was possible with F-Secure KEY?

Thanks!

Answers

• PatchPanel1
    PatchPanel1 Posts: 16 Explorer

Hello,

landscape mode is possible using a tablet.

For the time being I do not have a newer Android version than 9.

>>Or, for example, was possible with F-Secure KEY?

To be honest I can't remember...🙄 which indicates that I didn't use it in landscape mode as I could read enough of an entry...

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info