FSDIAG report

Hello,

I've had some problems with computer so I've had a chat with F-Secure agent, he sent me an email, in which it says to create FSDIAG file and send it to F-Secure support email, but I'm searching for this email for half an hour and still can't find it. Is here anyone, who could give me this email? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited January 2021

Hello,

I think this means that you just have to respond to the letter where it says to create FSDIAG.

he sent me an email, in which it says to create FSDIAG file and send it to F-Secure support email

So, just to attach file (fsdiag?!) to your letter and send back as a reply. If another way is not suggested.

// perhaps, there is no "public" available Support Email on current minute. Or maybe F-Secure Community Moderators / Managers can to assist with.. but a bit later. However, I can to recommend try to reply to the 'original' (initiated) letter from Support agent.

Thanks!

• Throwpose
    Throwpose Posts: 5 Observer

Thanks for your respond.

Yes, firstly I responded  to the letter where it says to create FSDIAG. But after a while came this e-mail:

So that's why I went to forum, to ask if whether there is such an email for support. If you don't know how to help me with this problem, I'll probably have to chat again with the agent tomorrow.

• Ukko
    edited January 2021

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with my reply.

Yes, firstly I responded to the letter where it says to create FSDIAG. But after a while came this e-mail:

So, perhaps it was Customer Care email address. That's should be fine. I mean, perhaps the only suggested email (by me) can be that one.

But was it really a reply to "original" letter from F-Secure; or it was a freshly created letter?

I think that your received (first) letter should be with some "ref:" in the title. Perhaps, when you reply it with saving "title" - this reference code or "subject" itself should work as allowance to send letter to this address. Without it - the letter is rejected by F-Secure domain (a kind of protection against spam and unintended letters, probably).

So that's why I went to forum, to ask if whether there is such an email for support.

Officially, there is currently no email address to support home solutions (with meanings; to initiate from user side). Options are web chat or phone. However, a discussion during a chat session or in any other way created a ticket can go to the discussion via email.

So, if you received initial email from Support Agent - good to keep its title and 'subject'  and to reply. If it was that flow.. so, maybe something wrong. Thus,

I'll probably have to chat again with the agent tomorrow.

You can inform them that you have already contacted before and perhaps a ticket has been created. But you cannot proceed with it.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

• Throwpose
    Throwpose Posts: 5 Observer

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!😊

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to consult about this with agent so I tried to open chat with agent, to see if any agent was on-line. Luckily one agent was on-line and he helped me with the problem.

The problem was caused by really small mistake on my side. More specifically the problem was caused due to creating new message for the F-Secure Custom Care email, instead of replying to the email, that the agent has sent me. So the problem was that I created new letter.

In my opinion, F-Secure support should have an e-mail adress, to avoid people from this problem, I know that the fault was on my side, but generally I think it would be easier to contact F-Secure experts on e-mail adress than in the chat, mainly because agents are not always available in the chat. It took me 4 hours to contact another agent.

What do you think? Let me know

• Ukko
    edited January 2021

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to consult about this with agent so I tried to open chat with agent, to see if any agent was on-line. Luckily one agent was on-line and he helped me with the problem.

Great. In principle, it is mentioned that the web chat is available 24/7. The only limitations - agents must be free (if everyone is busy at the moment, then the chat is marked as offline); another point is that while the user is creating a description of the problem, a free slot may be occupied. At least, this was previously a problem (improvements may have already been made here).

The problem was caused by really small mistake on my side. More specifically the problem was caused due to creating new message for the F-Secure Custom Care email, instead of replying to the email, that the agent has sent me. So the problem was that I created new letter

Very good that the reason has been found!

In my opinion, F-Secure support should have an e-mail adress, to avoid people from this problem, I know that the fault was on my side, but generally I think it would be easier to contact F-Secure experts on e-mail adress than in the chat, mainly because agents are not always available in the chat. It took me 4 hours to contact another agent.

Yes. To type a letter to Support email is quite more friendly and convenient for user (on user's vision). But, most likely, it is too resource-intensive and expensive for Support. First, there will probably be a lot more bogus e-mails or some scam attempts. Secondly, perhaps because of the first point, a normal letter may be filtered out. And, finally, it can be noted that by writing a letter to Support, the user also has to wait a little. It could be minutes, hours, but most likely days.

If the question / request is too important. Or too easy to solve. Then such a delay is not so pleasant. So, web-chat is more ideal for dealing with this. And if the situation is more "difficult", then as you can see there is an opportunity to transfer support to the email channel. That, in principle, a good design (in terms of balance).

But I will say for myself, I also prefer writing a letter to email rather than puzzle out with a web chat or phone. Maybe because my requests are not always so important or critical. Maybe this is the focus?! :) Reducing the load on technical support by removing requests for not the most critical tasks for the user. In a different sense, the user will be interested in getting in touch, and phone and web chat are good enough.

I see and understand that these attempts to meet when this web-chat available or the agents free are tedious and uninteresting. You can, as in your experience, spend four hours on this. But someone can probably handle with the first try without difficulty. Therefore, my opinion is that it is enough to make web chat as accessible as possible. So that no one has to try to find the agent for four hours. And it can be better then email support option.

But, yes, I still think that to write an email to support email address is the best. But need to understand that with this way of support, it is required that the answer does not come after four hours or some days. Most often the user wants "here and now". But I'd rather write a letter anyway. Since I can wait for an answer (if it is quick, I will only be pleasantly surprised). However, most likely this is not so effective in terms of supporting all users and somewhat sorting by the level of complexity of the request.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.