Browser plugin can't disable web filter anymore

Hi,

I installed f-secure on my personnal computer a few month ago and at this time, on the website, I could click on my name, my computer and then on the parental control tab to enable/disable filters. I enabled a lot of filters and now, wanna disable one, but I can't find the parental control tab anymore?! Now my browsers are all restricted and I can't disable this. I do manage 3 computers and a mobile phone and on the other computers, I can find the parental control tab. How do I get this option back? I don't want to reinstall the whole thing, because if I will have to do that on all computers and really have other problems than that. Now I have to whitelist every website in order to get access to them. This is really, really anoying!

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Behindthescene

The Family Rules settings for Main Users in the My F-Secure Home page have been removed. So from our latest version of SAFE, Family Rules can be used only by child profiles.

We are currently creating a script to remove all existing Family Rules configurations for affected main users like you and that would be completed in the next few days. If you wish to enable Family Rules on your device, you need to install SAFE as a Child Profile.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Based on your description, I am assuming this is F-Secure SAFE. So, you are trying to use the My F-Secure portal (my.f-secure.com). Right? If so - by logging into the portal, you can see active installations. And created profiles (users). By clicking "circle" (user) - there can be an option to set up some restrictions like "content blocker / filters" (as part of "Parental Control"). So,

but I can't find the parental control tab anymore?!

I do manage 3 computers and a mobile phone and on the other computers, I can find the parental control tab

Is there difference where trouble device and the other devices listed? Or they are under one "user" (circle / profile)? If so - applied rules should be valid for all of them.

But what is OS on your trouble device? Which version of Windows? Is it Windows?

I don't want to reinstall the whole thing, because if I will have to do that on all computers

Perhaps, it is not necessary to reinstall on all computers?

Thanks!

• Behindthescene
    Behindthescene Posts: 2 New Member

Hi to everyone and thanks for your answers.

This concerns my main profile, that's right.

So I will wait for the update and am white listing the websites I need to access for the moment (workaround) even if this isn't the best solution as I have to add every single domain I want to unlock.

I don't wanna create a child profile because I would have to reinstall Safe and I use this machine as a little home media/sync server that needs to be accessed by other devices of my family members.

Thanks for your answer and I hope that it will work soon with the implementation of the possibility to control the parental control on the main profile.

Have a good day !

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info