Problem re-installing Freedome with regards to License

Erick
Erick Posts: 13 Enthusiast

Hello,

I recently needed to re-install Freedome on my device. I have the subscription that allows for 3 devices to use the program - 2 are used on other devices, my device is the 3rd. Anyway, after re-installing, I put in the code, but a box came up telling me what you can see here in the picture I've attached - that I'm using the current max number and to put it on this device means it will have to transfer away from another. Except, this is the same device is was always on - I don't want to release the license from other installations. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Erick

This simply means that you have performed up to 3 Freedome activations so far and it could have been on the same device. By clicking the "transfer" option makes the idle license available for use again.

You can go ahead to click on "transfer" and the Freedome VPN subscription will still be valid on up to 3 devices simultaneously.

In the position where the subscription is truly active on 3 devices, because your subscription is for 3 devices, by clicking the "transfer" option;

• The device, on which you’re transferring the license gets the first available license from your subscription
    • Any other devices using the subscription code automatically get the available remaining licenses immediately the device is connected to the FREEDOME servers

Hope this answers your question.

Answers

• Erick
    Erick Posts: 13 Enthusiast

@Jaims Thank you for the response - I think it helps. Just to clarify/conclude then - by going ahead and clicking on "transfer" it's not going to suddenly remove a subscription from the other devices right? It sounds like it'll just cycle them around on the active devices.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Erick

Yes, indeed it will just cycle them around the active devices based on the number of licenses you are subscribed to.

If, when doing a license transfer, you find that you have installed FREEDOME on more devices than licenses available with your current subscription, the last device to connect to the FREEDOME servers does not obtain a license and remains expired. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info