F-Secure products on Mac and duan screen setup

K_P
K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast

This is a small thing, but annoyingly indicating some QA issue: when using F-Secure prodcuts (SAFE , ID Protection, Freedome) on macOD Big Sur (v 11.1) menu bar icons for ID Protection and Freedome get distorted on the screen that does not have focus active. This happens independent of the application in which the focus is. Attached image shows what I mean. SAFE icon is ok, but two other icons get distorted when focus in on the another screen.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @K_P

Thank you for the screen shot, it appeared working as normal in our test environment. However, I would suggest you to perform the following two steps to see if the issue solve.

1. Resetting Menu Bar on your Mac.
    2. If issue remain, perform Uninstall the Freedome or ID protection and check again.

• K_P

Hi,

I did try both of your advice, but issue persists. No change what so ever.

• [Deleted User]

Hi @K_P

I will check this with our development team and update you here soon.

• K_P

Hi,

The distorted menubar icons are visible when selection "Displays have separate Spaces" is checked in "Mission Control". When it is not selected (and there is menubar present only on the primary display) icons do not get distorted. And the F-Secure products mentioned in my original message are the only ones that show this phenomena, so with all the respect I think that there is some incompatibility issue between BigSur and your products.

• [Deleted User]

HI @K_P

Thanks for the additional information and bringing this to our attention, I have reported this to our backend team and they are working on it. At the moment, there is currently no ETA as to when the issue will be fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info