Banking Protection

heli77
heli77 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2020 in F-Secure Internet Security

If I want to acess my PayPal account, I have to switch off Banking Protection.

Stange enough, Banking Protection works well with my other online accounts.

What is wrong with PayPal?

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as a discussion between users: why you have to switch off Banking Protection for access to your PayPal account? And what is your system (Windows)?

Is there any output about 'trouble'? Or just webpage is blocked by F-Secure? Or just page is not loaded at all? Or what is certain trouble view with access to PayPal Account?

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @heli77

We would suggest you to perform the following troubleshoot steps to see if the banking protection still blocking your PayPal account, because we have not received multiple reports about this error at the moment:

We would first have to delete the so-called ORSP cache from SAFE/Internet Security:

Click Start, type cmd.exe in the search bar and press Enter

In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter

For SAFE/Internet Security (64-bit)

cd C: \ Program Files (x86) \ F-Secure \ Internet Security \ Ultralight \ ulcore \ <highest directory number> i.e 1600258716

cd C: \ Program Files (x86) \ F-Secure \ SAFE \ Ultralight \ ulcore \ <highest directory number> i.e 1600258716

For SAFE/Internet Security (32-bit)

cd C: \ Program Files \ F-Secure \ Internet Security \ Ultralight \ ulcore \ <highest directory number>

cd C: \ Program Files \ F-Secure \ SAFE \ Ultralight \ ulcore \ <highest directory number>

Note: If the ulcore directory contains more than one subdirectory, select the largest subdirectory number for <highest directory number>

Type the following (note the double hyphen -) and press Enter:

For 32-bit systems: orspdiag.exe --cache-clear

For 64-bit systems: orspdiag64.exe --cache-clear

Accept with the letter Y when prompted and press Enter

When done, close the command prompt and reboot your machine then check the PayPal account account with Browsing protection ON.

Let us know whether this fixed the problem you have encountered.

• JyrkiLahtonen
    JyrkiLahtonen Posts: 5 Explorer

Sethu, this advice did not help me.

My system:

Windows 10, Firefox

The facts:

• I was able to sign in to PayPal on November 28th from Firefox while SAFE was overseeing things
    • On December 2nd SAFE was updated
    • On December 24th I noticed that I was unable to sign in to PayPal from Firefox. Instead Firefox gives the error message on the attached screenshot (for a reason unknown to me FF tries to contact google.com at some step, and is unhappy with the exchange of certificates)
    • I can still sign in to PayPal (with SAFE monitoring) from Edge.
    • I can still sign in to PayPal from Firefox if I deactivate Banking Protection from SAFE.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info