How can I import my passwords from google chrome?

I tried exporting them to a .csv file but that didn't work, hope I don't have to enter them all manually.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @robroz54

Adding to @Ukko 's comment, we tested on F-Secure ID Protection version 4.9.366 and it worked fine. Be sure you are importing into F-Secure ID Protection as F-Secure KEY is now obsolete. We exported from chrome, then went to import and tested Dashlane and KeePas CSV formats.

So on step 4 (below), after you have created the .CSV file from Chrome, I will recommend you choose Dashlane format as Keepas did not arrange the fields correctly.

1. Open F-Secure ID Protection
    2. Click Settings
    3. Click Import Passwords
    4. Choose Dashlane (CSV) on the list
    5. Click Select
    6. Import the file from there. 

This should work but if it does not, kindly share the error message with us so we could further check for you but kindly ensure you have ID Protection running with the latest version.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Although I have never tried to do so - but what exactly is the meaning of "didn't work"? Is there any output from F-Secure ID Protection about trying. Or what is wrong? Are passwords added (imported to F-Secure ID Protection) incorrectly, partially or not added at all? Or exporting from Google Chrome is broken?

Thanks!

• robroz54
    robroz54 Posts: 3 New Member

Yes it won't import them from a csv file I have in my documents.

Unable to import.

I saw another thread that says you can't import them from google or chrome.

Thanks

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I saw another thread that says you can't import them from google or chrome.

Perhaps, talking about this topic (?): https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/122883/how-to-import-my-password-from-google-google-chrome

However, the official reply was about F-Secure KEY and no direct words that this is impossible with F-Secure ID Protection.

So, actually based on User Guide reference: https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/id-protection-windows/latest/en/id_81205-latest-en

"Google Chrome" is listed as supported (quote: ""F-Secure ID PROTECTION supports importing passwords from the following password managers:"") for Windows and Mac versions of the product.

Then I tried next flow with Microsoft Edge (chromium) and F-Secure ID Protection (beta). I saved one password in Microsoft Edge and then export it to .csv file. Launch F-Secure ID Protection (beta), choose import page, choose "Google Chrome" from list and this .csv file (with the only one entry) was successfully added.

Thus, perhaps a "future" version of F-Secure ID Protection will fully support imports from Google Chrome. Or specifically your file contains some kind of breaker.

Could you clarify - your experience is about F-Secure ID Protection (your topic is placed under the board about this solution) or about F-Secure KEY Password Manager?

If it was F-Secure ID Protection, could you please specify how many passwords are stored in Google Chrome? Just count number, for example.  Just to understand for my own attempt at repeating the import complexity.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info