XFenceDaemon slows down function of ArchiCad23 and 24

I have used Archicad since the end of the 1980 and now the last months I have became increasingly annoyed that the simplest functions in the program take more than 15 seconds to commence, not to mention to complete... I run the software on a MacBook Pro 15" from 2019 on the operating system version 10.15.7. The software I have problems with is Graphisofts Archicad, both versions 23 and 24. I urgently need help, either how to completely remove F-Secures SAFE until the problem is solved, or then a method to circumvent the problem!

Accepted Answer

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 233 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello, @Architect!

I believe that the root cause of the issue is that DeepGuard feature of SAFE is currently unaware of Graphisoft developer team identifier and is trying to collet as much diagnostic information as possible.

Let's try the steps below to mitigate low performance in Archicad due to DeepGuard interference.

Please open Terminal app and enter the commands below to create an ignore rule for DeepGuard which targets Graphisoft applications. There are three commands: the first two create an ignore rule for applications which are signed with Graphisoft team identifier and the last one restarts DeepGuard service (xfencedaemon).

echo 'allow prefix "/Users/" "any" rwcx "t" "3E9E9FN277"' | sudo /bin/sh -c "cat >> /Users/Shared/F-Secure\ XFENCE/local.xfence.rc"
    echo 'allow prefix "/Volumes/" "any" rwcx "t" "3E9E9FN277"' | sudo /bin/sh -c "cat >> /Users/Shared/F-Secure\ XFENCE/local.xfence.rc"
    sudo killall xfencedaemon

I would give it about 5-10 seconds for DeepGuard to restart and apply these new rules. Please let me know if there is any improvement in Archicad performance after that. Thanks.

One thing worth mentioning is that we are planning a new release of SAFE quite soon (upcoming weeks) with more user-friendly controls. The command line interaction with DeepGuard is unfortunately a limitation of the current release of SAFE.

Best regards, Arthur

SAFE Mac R&D Team

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

Answers

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 233 F-Secure Employee
    edited December 2020

Hello, @Architect!

I believe that the root cause of the issue is that DeepGuard feature of SAFE is currently unaware of Graphisoft developer team identifier and it tries to collect as much diagnostic information about Archicad running processes as possible.

Let's try the steps below to mitigate low performance in Archicad due to DeepGuard interference.

Please open the Terminal app and enter the commands below to create an ignore rule for DeepGuard which targets Graphisoft applications. There are three commands: the first two create an ignore rule for applications which are signed with Graphisoft team identifier and the last one restarts DeepGuard service (xfencedaemon).

echo 'allow prefix "/Users/" "any" rwcx "t" "3E9E9FN277"' | sudo /bin/sh -c "cat >> /Users/Shared/F-Secure\ XFENCE/local.xfence.rc"
    echo 'allow prefix "/Volumes/" "any" rwcx "t" "3E9E9FN277"' | sudo /bin/sh -c "cat >> /Users/Shared/F-Secure\ XFENCE/local.xfence.rc"
    sudo killall xfencedaemon

I would give it 5-10 seconds for DeepGuard to restart and apply these new rules. Please let me know if Archicad performance is restored. Thanks.

Also one thing worth mentioning is that we are planning a new release quite soon (upcoming weeks) which will include more user-friendly controls for DeepGuard so that it is possible to create similar override rules without having to use the Terminal app for this. Command line interaction with DeepGuard is unfortunately a limitation of the current release of SAFE.

Best regards, Arthur

SAFE Mac R&D Team

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• Architect
    Architect Posts: 2 New Member

Thanks, my life is back!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info